Stock To Mod , Mod To Stock.

cox.

I would say it was harder going from mod to stock for me than going back to mod again.

Although both have their advantages. If you do a search on MOD VS STOCK you'll find lots of arguments on this subject.

The bigger wheels on a stock make it easier to roll over things.

The longer wheelbase makes it easier to roll up and down obstacles, and span larger gaps.

Mods are generally easier to throw around, spin, and control on the back wheel.

Sidehops, and gaps seem to be the same on either.

To me the biggest downside to mods is people associate mods with BMX bikes and stock with mtn bikes. I find I think I get kicked out of places more often on the mod than I did with the stock.

I'd have to agree with this as well. I would think going from a smaller lighter bike to a larger heavier one would be far more difficult.

I haven't ever rode a bmx or 20" mind you. But I mean, you see the people getting mad air from a little curb kicker on bmx's.... never gunna happen like that on a mountain bike if you ask me. I would think it'd be much easier to manipulate that bike, easier to throw weight (less distance to move) and probably easier to muscle things. But I dunno, these are just my ideas and have no real proof to back them with...