Beginner Stuff, Help?

bikedude789

Hi, I've just done this short video on my brother's bike which be bought on here recently ( great bike Sir Hops Alot) been riding it since yesterday. Please could you tell me what to do to improve on technique because there is alot to be done. Thanks (Y)

Trials-Forum Video -> Full ViewDownloadUpload

About the same as what im doing. Ive decided at the moment to try and gap over planks, and move them apart, as thats whats really needed i suppose rather than like jumping loads in a row?

I dunno, whatever feels right :)

Now before you start going big or anything. The main thing alot of new and young riders are not doing nowa' days is getting absolute control and balance before they actually start to ride proper street trials.

You look like your terrified on the backwheel, relax my friend :). Just chill, bend your arms, also do static pause hops in between the initial pedal hop, once again, helping with control and balance. Also make sure you have your trackstand and turning on the backwheel sorted. Just master the initial control and balance movements first and it will help you so much later on in your riding career.

TrashZen is so helpful for learning this kind of thing.

Just keep practicing though dude (Y)

Sometimes your weight is a little too far forwards.

See if you can pedalkick, then backhop, then kick again.

Also, as someone mentioned, good gapping practice is setting two planks of wood on the ground and jumping between them, and moving them apart.

To go further, you want to lower the front end, and crank the pedals back a bit, then explode into punching the pedal down, throwing your weight forwards and slightly upwards to move the bike.

Where I am now, I need to learn to move my own weight more, and take the bike with me. That, I believe, is the secret to huge gaps.

You say you've got there after one day? Well done dude, it's taken most of us a lot longer to get there.

sorry didn't phrase it correctly, took me a few months to get used to the back wheel but my bike is always going in for repairs ( it's broken at the moment are regular chromo rear axles suitable for trials?) so i've just been on my xc bike for few weeks and as soon as this came I've been riding it :D ( yeah about 2days ago now)

Hi, I've just done this short video on my brother's bike which be bought on here recently ( great bike Sir Hops Alot) been riding it since yesterday. Please could you tell me what to do to improve on technique because there is alot to be done. Thanks (Y)

Trials-Forum Video ->Full ViewDownloadUpload

Im about the same stage as you i reckon, and you can see what im doing with the planks. Think that one was about 44inches apart, tiny :S

Youtube Linky Winky

Youtube link might take a while, you know they process and all

Edited by JoshW