Pedal Lockring Question

Caleb

1st question: I have some fsa v drive extreme cranks that have removable pedal inserts, i presume these are the same thread size as the tensile pedal inserts?

2nd question: Is there a special 4 pronged tool to get these off? like a miniature freewheel tool? ive been trying all the methods so far to remove them with no avail.

blow torch

hammer and centre punch

lubed it etc

1st question: I have some fsa v drive extreme cranks that have removable pedal inserts, i presume these are the same thread size as the tensile pedal inserts?

I wouldn't assume that unless you know for certain. I have no idea but I wouldn't be surprised if they were completely different.

i see what you mean, only i cant find any information on the fsa inserts, i'll wait for my tensiles to come and will try and compare, if they look totally wrong ill buy some, otherwise i might end up cutting the ol' fsa cranks off to get the inserts hehe

2nd question: Is there a special 4 pronged tool to get these off? like a miniature freewheel tool? ive been trying all the methods so far to remove them with no avail.

blow torch

hammer and centre punch

lubed it etc

btw pretty sure tensile have a 2 holes on there inserts.

If tensile will replace broken cranks under warranty I wouldn't modify them at all. If the thread in the tensiles are already f**kered then this sounds like a very good plan to get the cranks going... If you can get pictures I'm quote curious as to what way they're fitted...

theyre unfortunately not the same size.

i bought the tensiles cheap as there was no inserts included.

therefore i presumed the ones off my spare fsa cranks would fit, saving me some pennies but they dont .