Fork Advice

nezza01

Hey everyone

I've been riding on a Vario Tibo build for about 6 months on and off, and the forks that are on it are way too heavy and its making the geometry setup all to cock and all the front wheel wants to do is rapidly drop. Has anyone got an idea of what lightweight forks would most suit me for my Vario. Any ideas would be much appreciated as it is driving me insane at the minute and need to change the forks!!

Cheers

Neil

Hey everyone

I've been riding on a Vario Tibo build for about 6 months on and off, and the forks that are on it are way too heavy and its making the geometry setup all to cock and all the front wheel wants to do is rapidly drop. Has anyone got an idea of what lightweight forks would most suit me for my Vario. Any ideas would be much appreciated as it is driving me insane at the minute and need to change the forks!!

Cheers

Neil

Well it depends on how light, what brakes your running, but echo forks are normally good.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/category.php?id=40

Echo controls mayby?

The new DOB forks when they're more freely availible (Y) I need to keep track on these things..

Feels like you're riding without a front wheel! so light! and really stiff too!

Matt

Edited by Skoze

Thanks for the advice guys...

I'm running disc on the front, at the minute they are the FSA forks, and they are rubbish, my mate used my frame for a while and ran fattys on the front while I used my other frame, and it rode so much better and felt so much lighter front end.

Like you say, the echo forks look cheap and light, may well go for a set of them.

Thanks

Neil

Thanks for the advice guys...

I'm running disc on the front, at the minute they are the FSA forks, and they are rubbish, my mate used my frame for a while and ran fattys on the front while I used my other frame, and it rode so much better and felt so much lighter front end.

Like you say, the echo forks look cheap and light, may well go for a set of them.

Thanks

Neil

I generally swear by the Echo Urban forks; come in disc, V or magura mounts, light, strong, and won't break the bank.

Oh, and happy validation.

Rich

Many thanks Rich

What do you think to the DOB Magnesiums?

My mate tells me I'm fighting a losing battle trying to get my Vario to be an awesome geometry ride, but i'm determined and have heard some good reports about them, so not giving up just yet!

Thinking about it I should never really have sold my Pashley as it suited me to a tee!

Neil