What Chain Is The Best For Trials

Reditus

What chain is the best for trials because i am getting fed-up with my snapping chain.

I snapped my chain today and it was a koolchain

I also found that the koolchain can be a little heavy as i am trying to keep the weight down

thanks

Red

What chain is the best for trials because i am getting fed-up with my snapping chain.

I also found that the koolchain can be a little heavy as i am trying to keep the weight down

thanks

Red

It has to be a KMC cool chain.

Mine never snaped, It lasted ages, I had to et a new one beaseu it got to old and I had no more drop out for it to pull into tension it had streched so much.

All in all it is a great chain.

Has my Vote.

It has to be a KMC cool chain.

Mine never snaped, It lasted ages, I had to et a new one beaseu it got to old and I had no more drop out for it to pull into tension it had streched so much.

All in all it is a great chain.

Has my Vote.

Thought the first thing was that was going to be said. i use the koolchain on my dirtbike and my trials bike but unluckely i managed to snapp it :-( , ok, i will go for the koolchain

thanks

Red

How Tight or loose was yur chain?

I run the chain tight enough not to rattle but loose enough so it bends esily when pushed by hand so it is the right tension - i think i am just unlucky

Red

i used to snap loads of chain but i havent recntly as i have been careful when putting them together,plus i oil regular too.i founds khe kollapse cains to be good ,but i stopped using them once i got tensioner issues.

steve

I do lubricate my chain a little so each link moves smoothly. i work in the workshop in a bikeshop so i have my hands on all lubricants so i know that is not the problem.

Edited by Reditus

I run the chain tight enough not to rattle but loose enough so it bends esily when pushed by hand so it is the right tension - i think i am just unlucky

Red

I do lubricate my chain a little so each link moves smoothly. i work in the workshop in a bikeshop so i have my hands on all lubricants so i know that is not the problem.

Do you make sure you have the chain joined proply when you join it?

Could be a weak link.

Hope I helped.

Do you make sure you have the chain joined proply when you join it?

Could be a weak link.

Hope I helped.

Yeh, the link was connected properly because i am always carefull when working on the chain. i think i just has a faulty link, thats all

I have been running the same chain on my dirtbike for 2years with no probs, now i am using it on my trials bike for a while till i get a new chain

anyways, i am going to bed now as it has gone midnight here so thanks for he help everyone and goodnight

Red :rolleyes:

Yeh, the link was connected properly because i am always carefull when working on the chain. i think i just has a faulty link, thats all

I have been running the same chain on my dirtbike for 2years with no probs, now i am using it on my trials bike for a while till i get a new chain

anyways, i am going to bed now as it has gone midnight here so thanks for he help everyone and goodnight

Red :rolleyes:

Hmm, You just must be unlucky then.

thanks

Red

KMC 810 or 710.

Also learn to use your body ( right preload on gaps for examlpe ) to do the tricks, because it's a great pressure on chain when you use only a pedal.