Opinions On Frames....

forteh

Having built and ridden the hifi I bought from nick wood for the last couple of months Im feeling that perhaps I should be on a slightly shorter frame. My old zoo boa was 1050wb +10bb and the hifi is 1090wb +50bb, Im thinking something mid way between the two would be better (1070-1080wb +30bb) Im 5'7", realistically should I be looking for a shorter frame or not?

Phil@selectbikes (totaltrials) has 2 frames (the aorta and the toxsin2) for sale and both seem to have near enough the same geometry, has anyone got experience of either frame? Especially if youre a shortarse too :D

Personally I prefer the look of the aorta but Ive struggled to find out anything about them on the net :(

My riding mostly comprises of street (because theres f**k all natty here:( ) but more trials oriented than streety stuff.

Calling on the wisdom of TF to guide me here :)

never ridden the toxin, but i've ridden my aorta for year and a half before i got my dob, feels great, and most people thats ridden it said my set up was near enough perfect for the geo.

no cracks on mine, probably the only 1 to be honest, i've heard many of them cracking at the rear drop outs.

as for frame flex there's a bit so at least a 2 bolt booster is recommended, i had a 74kingz 1 (freaking beasty) it was really good.

the aorta shares the same geometry as the ZHI Z2, 1075, 380, +30, 72ha. which many people had said the geo is spot on between street and natural.

im about 5ft9, shortish legs and the bike seem to suit me alright, being quite biased i'd give the aorta ago, possibly a ZHI Z2

steve

The aorta is looking more preferable, where abouts do they crack on the dropouts?

Waiting to get the weight of the frame from totaltrials before I really make a decision but the geo looks good :)