Always On A Good Day...

Diz

Just thought i'd put this out there...

Obviously everyone has good days and bad days riding, but why does it always seem to be that when you're riding well, the worst accidents happen, or you screw your bike up and end up having to walk miles home?!

I sorted out a flat on my rear tyre yesterday and went to session the streets as usual. To be fair, my riding was awesome and everything just flowed.

So imagine my annoyment (word?) when i tried hopping up quite a small wall and my chain came off sending me flying over the bars face first into said wall. :S

As if the pain wasnt enough, i got a bloody pinch in the front tyre. So off i hobbled home in agony, carrying my bike...not good.

My question is this. Is it just the good days when the bad accidents happen, or is that when you're having a bad day, the crashes dont seem bad because your riding is so pants that you kinda expect it? <_<

After a good day of riding,I fell off the bike and now my doctor says that I mustn't ride for a month...

I know exactly what you mean.Actually the worst things happens during the best days...

Maybe it's bad luck...

Or maybe after a good day of riding you try things that you would't if you was riding worse...

Today what happened is, I was learning to tap a little, and then when I tried just to backwheel a different wall, my timing had gone. It took a while to get it back. Also, later on I found that I was tired, but not tired. It was weird. I had energy, but I couldn't properly focus it into, for e.g, trying a 360.

Worst thing that happened to me on my bike was when I was walking into town with my mod, and the wheel locked. Turned out the hub internals had split and the rest of the wheel, with its new extra freedom of movement, locked against the brake pads. It was funny cause if you rolled it back enough, it would unwind long enough to get a couple of pedal kicks in before it rewound into being seized. Later on in the same day, I got a replacement wheel. On that, I managed to snap one of the ends of the axle off. Two broken hubs in one day!!!! Hehehe.

Edited by Revolver

My question is this. Is it just the good days when the bad accidents happen, or is that when you're having a bad day, the crashes dont seem bad because your riding is so pants that you kinda expect it? <_<

That's exactly like Murphy's law. "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way"

Always happens to me at glentress. Uually on the wallride. "just one more full run then we'll go" and always cock them up bigstyle once i nearly went off the top of it i came in that fast and once i came in so slow i just hit the wall and slid down scrapping all my arm and the side of my chest