Bb Length ?

Ladd

Rite, Tonite i found a snap in my KMC kool chain, i was wondering if my bb i have at the moment is too long, causing the chain to be on a angle and put the chain under to much pressure being so far out on a angle? im wondering what would be the shortest bb i can run? and could someone recomend a decent short bb ?

Im running;

Adamant A3 Frame

Truvativ DH BB 128mm

GU Cranks

Trialtech Sprocket

Rear Profile Hub.

No Bashring.

Help ?

118mm

I've got some Echo Cnc'd cranks with a bash, and a Plaz cog - and theres still clearence on the 118 Truvativ(sp?) one I'm using.

:)

so 118 ? what bb you running ? any ones you would recomend?

No Bashring.

I would say that is the cause of your problem.

When I bought my echo forged cranks there's a spacer which needs to be put in between the sprocket/freewheel and the cranks, but it said "For no bashring use" as obviously a bashring does the same thing.

This of cause spaces your cog so it makes your chain line straight, which was a problem when I had my old eno on a set of monty cranks (and soon explained why I snapped my snap link).

Edited by Albino Slig

Given the bike is being used for trials and all that is there a possibility the chainline is fine but the chain has just worn out? Before buying new stuff look along the back sprocket towards the teeth of the front sprocket. If you line up two adjacent teeth on the back sprocket to aim in the ideal direction the chain should go, does this point towards the front sprocket? If so the chainline is already correct and you've just broken the chain through other means :)...

ive looked, and the rear cog is not in line with the front cog the crank is to far out :(

That's normal for a 20" bike... as the rear end is so narrow, it's virtually impossible to line the sprockets up. I think mine are 12mm out of alignment with each other.

How old was the chain that broke?

That's normal for a 20" bike... as the rear end is so narrow, it's virtually impossible to line the sprockets up. I think mine are 12mm out of alignment with each other.

How old was the chain that broke?

i bought it at the start of feb, it broke yesterday..