Car Audio.

Fishy

Right, bought me car and the 16 year old speakers aren't really cutting it.

I need:

x2 small speakers for the front, possibly door mounted.

x2 6x9's

and a decent, but small sub and amp.

What sort of makes/model should I be looking at?

I would have to say a kenwood headunit, infinity 6x9 infinity sub and fusio amp or somethink like that and some little fusio speakers for the front

how hard is it to fit all of those components? as i might get some for my car but i would wanna just be able to set it all up myself (i have a dvd head unit)

Its not that hard, im only 14 nearly 15 and i know how to fit speakers, amps subs ect.. (No im not a yob) my dad has it in his car and that and shows me how to do stuff ect.. so its really not hard on the door cards undo the srews take off undo the srews on the speaker then the wire's put the other ones in the pop the door card back on, amp and sub you have to get the main wire route it from the battery into the car and up to the boot ect.. then for the 6x9's you have to cut the parcel shelf then srew them in and connect to the amp, headunit you take the old one out with the tool they give you unclip the connecter and hoply if your not unlucky it will go straight in without any fus (on my mums i had to redo all the wire's) connect the amp wire to it and all the other wires and then slip it back in, then attach the main amp cable to the battery.

Yeah like the man said, it's not too hard really. Take the old ones out first and measure up the 'holes', then buy ones that fit the holes, that would be the easiest way. You'd pretty much have to be mad as a bag of wasps to start cutting new holes or expanding existing ones in your door if you didn't know what you were doing.

Another car audio related question:

Does anyone know where I can get a template for the holes of 6x9 speakers? Ive lost mine and need to cut some slots out.

Place em down face down then draw around and measure in a 1 CM then cut that out.