Fitting A Maxxis Minnion Tyre

Jamie East

Hi all,

Just been upgrading my bike and now have a rear try-all rim and a maxxis minnion 2.5 tyre, and for the life of me cant get the tyre on, no matter how much cursing and swearing i do! Help! Ive tried starting at opposite ends and working my way around (several times), but nothing seems to work. The tyre is dual ply, so i cant even stretch it over the rim, maybe just brute force is the answer? But im not to good at that either!

Has anyone got any tips or advice for fitting the tyre?

Many thanks

Jamie

Hi all,

Just been upgrading my bike and now have a rear try-all rim and a maxxis minnion 2.5 tyre, and for the life of me cant get the tyre on, no matter how much cursing and swearing i do! Help! Ive tried starting at opposite ends and working my way around (several times), but nothing seems to work. The tyre is dual ply, so i cant even stretch it over the rim, maybe just brute force is the answer? But im not to good at that either!

Has anyone got any tips or advice for fitting the tyre?

Many thanks

Jamie

hmm. well, have you tryed metal tyre leavers ?

also put some fairy washing up liquid around the tyre walls and it should slip on fine (Y)

hope this is helpfull

boggy :D

Thanks everyone,

I've managed to get the tyre fitted (only taken like 4 days! :giggle: ). Now.... Just the rest to put together. Used Adams trick of putting the tyre in the middle of the rim, worked a treat. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Jamie

If you hold it closer to the end,

Problem solved.

Yes but if you hold it closer to the end then it is still going to be hard. The whole idea of tire leavers is to get more leverage on it (which equals to more force) so that the tire will get on/off easier.

So i think that metal tire levers wouyld be better. Just be carefull that you dont trap your innertube

Hope that helped Oli

Yes but if you hold it closer to the end then it is still going to be hard. The whole idea of tire leavers is to get more leverage on it (which equals to more force) so that the tire will get on/off easier.

But holding a tyre lever close to the end is still more leverage than no lever at all