Future

Alex.loves.boys

basically

ive finsished college now and dont really want to go back to college or sixth form.

i want to get into a job where im going to get paid to learn and get a job at the end of it.

i was lookin on the police recruitment site and was wondering what grades e.t.c you actually need to join?

i know someone on here is a pco so if he could help

:)

thanks

basically

ive finsished college now and dont really want to go back to college or sixth form.

i want to get into a job where im going to get paid to learn and get a job at the end of it.

i was lookin on the police recruitment site and was wondering what grades e.t.c you actually need to join?

i know someone on here is a pco so if he could help

:)

thanks

yea gyser on here is a pcso,

basically, although you can join the police force now, the average joining age is 28 (or at least it was about 18 months ago) and unless youve either done a 12 month or so stint as a special, or you went through pcso first. the chances of you gettin in below 25 are very very slim.

also thought id add:

most of the time, you dont tend to get in on your first application(regardless of age unless your very highly sought after), but if you then apply again 12 months later, the chances of you getting in are much higher. generally because, if i was out of work, id apply for any job, just to get a job and money, whereas if i applied twice 12 months apart, itd be more like, i wanted to be a police officer, than i wanted a job paying £xxxxx a year.

Edited by trials_punk182

I was looking at joining the police or pcso.

And have learned from talking to people who work in the force that they basically do discriminate against younger people. In a fair way i suppose though. They say you need life experience, so you know joining the force will be your final career and stuff.

But seriously, if you put your mind to it, do enough community service and stuff, I'm sure they will employ you.

i dont know any complications or anything, but - you could always do voluntary work for experience. think they say 4hours a month though you could probably change your hours.

i think its the full deal aswell. some volunteer i know got warrants to raids homes etc.

and ofcourse some job to go with that. but to me that would greatly increase your chances

my mate applied to the police force at 19 but they wouldn't take him as they like people to ave had life experience.

i've also been told that the police force don't like employing younger people as people dont respect young people, to which i can understand. for example if i was to try stop a fight between two chav's theyd probably turn round hit me and tell me to piss off. but if my dad tried to stop a fight theyd take alot more notice i'd imagine. i'm 18 by the way. what about maybe trying to find an appreticeship. i'm an apprentice electrician and i love it. hope i've helped.

loz.