Stuck Cranks

jack0174

today i wanted to take my cranks off so i un-did the bolts on either side

then i tried to pull them off but they wouldnt budge!

can any one please help me or tell me what to do?

many thanks jack!

(oh by the way the cranks are onza muscleman)

I ride onza never happened to me before... i cant see a logical reason why they just wouldnt come out, cant help

try using a rubber mallet first but if you havn't got one/can't get hold of one a block of wood and a normal hammer should do the trick. If that fales a crank extractor will deffinatly get them off, just make sure you get the right type for your cranks (taper/ISIS) because I snapped one when I tried using a taper extractor on ISIS cranks.

today i wanted to take my cranks off so i un-did the bolts on either side

then i tried to pull them off but they wouldnt budge!

can any one please help me or tell me what to do?

many thanks jack!

(oh by the way the cranks are onza muscleman)

Yes i can help you my freind i ride and onza t-mag and have been for the last 3 to 4 months and iv had to got new cranks and the way i got mine off is un bolt the bolt a little bit say about 5 screws and then bang it in with a hamer and that should do the trick or get a special tool called a crank remover tool and that would also do and all you have to do with that tool is put the screw on bit of the tool in the crank and then start to turn and that that should get them off as well.

well hope my advise works.

good luck mate (oh and the place to get this crank removal tool from is your nearest bike shop)

jjbarrett

try using a rubber mallet first but if you havn't got one/can't get hold of one a block of wood and a normal hammer should do the trick. If that fales a crank extractor will deffinatly get them off, just make sure you get the right type for your cranks (taper/ISIS) because I snapped one when I tried using a taper extractor on ISIS cranks.

Try the crank extractor first. It's guarranteed to work, its what its made for. Plus, they're very useful.

Yes i can help you my freind i ride and onza t-mag and have been for the last 3 to 4 months and iv had to got new cranks and the way i got mine off is un bolt the bolt a little bit say about 5 screws and then bang it in with a hamer and that should do the trick or get a special tool called a crank remover tool and that would also do and all you have to do with that tool is put the screw on bit of the tool in the crank and then start to turn and that that should get them off as well.

well hope my advise works.

good luck mate (oh and the place to get this crank removal tool from is your nearest bike shop)

jjbarrett

Don't you mean that I got off with a crank remover.. you tried a hammer but it didn't work lol.

alredy got one of them today from the car boot only £2

but the bike is still at my lbs

the bloke at the shop said he still cant get them off even with penetrating oil

he even said he used the full socket extention which is like 4ft long

someone suggested me getting a taper putting it behind the cranks and hitting it with a hammer.

do you think this will work?