Bleeding Magura Louise Fr

G-baby158

Bleed the system from bottom to top. Take the reservoir cover off - I think you need a T10 or T15 Torx bit for this, but a 1.5mm allen key will work too. Fit a syringe of oil to the bleed nipple at the caliper (Preferably remove all the air bubbles from the syringe first, same as with rim brakes) and open the bleed nipple with a spanner (Usually 1/4 to 1/2 turn should do it - if you're pressing the syringe you'll feel it as soon as the bleed nipple is open). Pump fresh fluid through until air bubbles stop appearing in the reservoir (Pump pretty quickly to help entrain bubbles in the flowing oil), close the bleed nipple, remove the syringe and try a few test pulls on the lever to see is it better. Try not to spill oil on the disk/pads (Or remove them before starting) and slap a rag or tissue around the lever to catch the overflowing oil.

For the brake to be correctly filled the pistons in the caliper should be pushed back as far as possible into the caliper and there should be no air bubble in the reservoir - roll the diaphragm onto the reservoir, displacing fluid before putting the cap back on.

I dont know where the bleen nipple is?

The bleed nipple is on the brake caliper probably near where the brake line leaves the caliper for the lever. It'll probably have a rubber cap covering it which you pop off to get at the nipple itself. The tubing from the syringe should be a press fit over the bleed nipple so you can pump fluid into the brake.

The bleed nipple is on the brake caliper probably near where the brake line leaves the caliper for the lever. It'll probably have a rubber cap covering it which you pop off to get at the nipple itself. The tubing from the syringe should be a press fit over the bleed nipple so you can pump fluid into the brake.

Ive bleed it, but from the lever i can hear air when i pull the lever what do you think it is ?

If there's still air in the lever try pumping the lever slowly while pumping fluid through the brake - some levers have dead volume in them that isn't always filled by a normal bleed (The new HS33 levers are serious offenders on this one). Just be careful of brake fluid squirting out of the reservoir as you release the lever. Mineral oil is very safe, but I still wouldn't squirt it in my eyes...