New Comer To Trials Biking.

rib rider

Hi all, my name is Richard and i am 41 yrs old!!!!

Just getting back on to two wheels after a nasty argument with a bus 4 years ago.

would like sum help on re-building an onza t-bird that i picked up for £25 at a boot sale last week.

Got the frame,crank,front and rear rims and tyres etc...

just need help with the brakes. Any information will be greatfuly recieved.

Cheers everyone..........

If the bike is as standard the wheels should have a Front disc Hub which you should use any disc brake for the front brake, and the rear, the standard spec i think comes with a V-brake on the t-bird but if you have the money then HS33's would be my best guess.

If the bike is as standard the wheels should have a Front disc Hub which you should use any disc brake for the front brake, and the rear, the standard spec i think comes with a V-brake on the t-bird but if you have the money then HS33's would be my best guess.

:blink: I dont think so mate.

Hi all, my name is Richard and i am 41 yrs old!!!!

Just getting back on to two wheels after a nasty argument with a bus 4 years ago.

would like sum help on re-building an onza t-bird that i picked up for £25 at a boot sale last week.

Got the frame,crank,front and rear rims and tyres etc...

just need help with the brakes. Any information will be greatfuly recieved.

Cheers everyone..........

Hey! Richard it is good to see another "Old Guy" riding trials. How many years did you ride before your argument with the bus?

erm , Yes T-bird standard is front disc. Replace it with a good Disc brake if thats what your getting at.

I don't think so mate. (:P)

Yes the 08 model comes with a front disc, but I'm guessing that seeing as Mr Rib Rider paid £25 at a car boot sale for a partially incomplete bike it's not going to be brand new. Just a guess mind you...

With regards brakes, have a look at TartyBikes and sus out what you need. If you could post a few pics of the bike on here we'll be able to tell you what brake's will be compatible (not sure if the frame is made for V brakes or 4 bolt Maguras) and you can go from there.