Try All 108.9

dave30dmt

Hey there i have just gone on to the Tarty Bikes website not been on in ages so the new website is pretty cool anyway i was flicking through and i noticed Try All has brought out a free wheel the 108.9 and all i want to know is are they worth £55 and are they as gd as they say they are because my Tensile freewheel is now dead so im wanting a change so its a toss up between the Try All one and just another Tensile one.

hi

i use try-all freewheels all the time since they came out , i have had them on lots of xtp's and now a hydroxx 2 all of which ive had in mud , shite , sand , water at club level and national and they have never let me down.

give adam@tartybikes a ring and he will help you with your choice of freewheel .

james.

Tensile freewheel's are the best freewheels ever. I've used Try-All, Eno and Tensile. First freewheel I had was a Eno, It exloded on me within a matter of week. So, I was un-decided on what to get, had heard mixed reviews on the Try-All, but decided to grit my teeth and go for it. I used my try-all freewheel for well over 8 months and it never once skipped through on me and i gave it alot of abuse. As far as i am aware, it's still running perfectly fine now and i sold that bike over 12 months ago now.

On the bike after that. I had a Tensile freewheel. Was useing that for atleast 10-12 months and not once did it skip through or anything. Engagement felt super solid, couldn't feel a difference between this 60 clicks in the Tensile, compared to the 108 in the Try-all. In all honesty, the Tensile felt more sturdy.

I would highly reccomend a Tensile as my first choice. Try-All would deffinatly be my second option though (Y)

I had a Monty, I didn't like it much though. I prefer 60 click to 72 because I find I can feel when the pawls have dropped properly when setting up for something, so I don't end up not engaging it fully and causing it to skip when I go to do whatever move I happen to be doing.

Hey there i have just gone on to the Tarty Bikes website not been on in ages so the new website is pretty cool anyway i was flicking through and i noticed Try All has brought out a free wheel the 108.9 and all i want to know is are they worth £55 and are they as gd as they say they are because my Tensile freewheel is now dead so im wanting a change so its a toss up between the Try All one and just another Tensile one.

Hi mate, I had a tensile and there running like a beauty and I would get some agen but my mate has just got a try-all and that is also good but In been thinking.................................

TENSILE its so much better.

jjbarrett:)

I have the first generation tryall fw since the day they it was released, never had any big problem with it, never skips, although mines got a steel ring both sides around the fw shell, so its a lot stronger than a stock one.

Edited by esfrost

i have a try all freewheel,and is working fine but mine is relatively new and i havent abused it much yet 2 of my friends have the tensile and personally i like the feeling of the tensile more ive never tried the eno but another friend of mine has it and he said it is very good but i would reccomend the tensile as it feels nicer and has a more powerful feeling to it :)