I Cant Get My Chain Tensioner To Work

mista-neos

Hi all i got the chain Tensioner today its used but was free so i wasnt to botherd. I have a problem with it it fits on the mech easy and its set up but it isnt doing what its supposed to do tenchion the chain, we ever i pedel it gets pulled forword and the chain just sags. Me and a mate looked at it and we cant figure out how to do it, so can any one give me some help and if you want pics of it ask and i will get them up tomoro.

Thanks Blake

Hi all i got the chain Tensioner today its used but was free so i wasnt to botherd. I have a problem with it it fits on the mech easy and its set up but it isnt doing what its supposed to do tenchion the chain, we ever i pedel it gets pulled forword and the chain just sags. Me and a mate looked at it and we cant figure out how to do it, so can any one give me some help and if you want pics of it ask and i will get them up tomoro.

Thanks Blake

what tensioner is it? One wheel or two? is it sprung or fixed? Have a look some of the tensioners on tartybikes and see if you can see it there. Also get some pics up.

THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED TOO MANY TIMES AND THIS IS THE ANSWER::

Freehubs are not PERFECTLY true. It's a flaw in how alot (70%?) of rear hubs are machined. (I don't know whether this is the same with FFW'S...)

So basically if you own a fixed tensioner, you will notice the chain getting tight-slack-tight-slack....etc.

The only proper way to fix this is to buy a sprung tensioner.

You can cable tie (ie. force) a fixed tensioner, to make it stay in position, but it will strain your chain and sprockets......

Hope this helps.

THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED TOO MANY TIMES AND THIS IS THE ANSWER::

Freehubs are not PERFECTLY true. It's a flaw in how alot (70%?) of rear hubs are machined. (I don't know whether this is the same with FFW'S...)

So basically if you own a fixed tensioner, you will notice the chain getting tight-slack-tight-slack....etc.

The only proper way to fix this is to buy a sprung tensioner.

You can cable tie (ie. force) a fixed tensioner, to make it stay in position, but it will strain your chain and sprockets......

Hope this helps.

HE HAS A SPRUNG TENSIONER,

READ THE THREAD BEFORE YOU GO OFF ON ONE!

HE HAS A SPRUNG TENSIONER,

READ THE THREAD BEFORE YOU GO OFF ON ONE!

well if the guy can't get a sprung tensioner to work he must be some sort or retard. Common Sense. Anyhow, that was a good explanation for why locked tensioners are soo crap.

well if the guy can't get a sprung tensioner to work he must be some sort or retard. Common Sense. Anyhow, that was a good explanation for why locked tensioners are soo crap.

Your crap, you can't blatantly rip into a new member when he actually put effort into asking (unlike some who may or may not deserve shit). But anyways you deserve a warning? >_<

You can slide that one bottom bar across to align the chain. (the one with the sprocket on) There's a small grub screw that holds it in place. You need a 2mm allen key i think it is, or 2.5mm

Hey im running a cassette and the same chain tensioner and i had it befor i just got a chain and made it to fix on the 15tooth on the rear with a little bit of chain to put the tensioner on so it is, pushing the chain down and it worked if you need help with anymore about it just go on my profile and add me to msn and i help you step by step =]