Evo 2 Or 4 Bolt, Which Is Better?

Julius Czar

Hey mate, evo 2 mounts are for if you want to put magura's on v-brake mounts.

They are generally crap, they flex like a bitch.

If you only have v-brake mounts then get a nice set of vee's, like avid ultimates, i don't know much about pads though.

V-brakes can be as good if not better than maguras if set up properly but if you have 4-bolt mounts on your frame/forks then buy some maguras.

Hope i didnt confuse you lol

Sam :D

evo 2 is vee-brake mounts 4-bolt is magura mounts but just because its vee-brakes doesnt mean its crap if u get avid ultimates and plazmatic spainsh fly pads then you will have some powerful brake as for if you have a magura koxx green or koxx brown pads and a water bleed (to make it faster and not a crappy bleed) you will have another powerful brake hope you will chose wisley

Evo 2 is the mounting system for a set of Magura Hs33 slave cylinders to mount onto Vee brake mounts or Canti studs.

They are terrible for trials useage, I was always adjusting mine on my old T-Vee.

If you can, try and get ahold of the old Evo 1 mounting system, this was a clamp that screwed into the canti stud on one end, whilst the other pressed against the frame, this way the slave cylinders cannot move due to the frame stopping any extra movement.

It is also good as the slave cylinders are independent of each other (as aposed to moving in unison with the Evo 2 mounting system, so if one moved they would both move).

4 bolts are definately better as you have 2 solid fixed points on the frame to clamp each slave to, rather than 1 fixed point on the frame and 1 point off the frame.

hi mate

I've got Evo 2's on my t pro ,there nowhere near as good as 4 bolts there is hardly any adjustment and very hard to get the plastic ring in the right place and the pad near the rim. I miss my quick release ! With Eco 2 you need to deflate your tyre just to take a wheel out. Stick to 4 bolt mate there so much better . Hope I helped

Jack