Brake Bleeding Help

Kieran24

Okies, I have a HS11 (only rear at the moment till I gets a new lever) and I'm currently running a water bleed. It's working okay and locks fine but to get it to lock fully I have to pull the lever so it's almost touching the grips like there is not enough water in the system. My TPA seems to be busted and does practically nothing so that's no use, and I've re-bleed it to make sure there is no air in the system and I can't get the pads any closer to the rim without them rubbing, any solutions?

Sounds like you got the same problem as me last week, u have ripped the thred out of your adjuster. I don't understand why magura put a plastic thred on it ! you could just buy a tpa kit from tartybikes but it will just go again I would buy a 74kingz tpa wheel and a magura tpa kit aswell if the actual bolts had its thred ripped out .but throw maggies wheel away !!!

Hope I helped

Jack

Cheers, that seems to be the problem, I'll have a closer look and let you know. I also saw in the wiki that you can replace the TPA with just a bolt, may give that a go first until I can get to ordering some new stuff. Do you have a picture of a HS11 lever so I can see how far the bit that connects to the piston is sticking out from the TPA?

Hi mate

I heard that to ,but if you look at your lever it has the red tpa wheel and 2 black semi circles either side ,the tpa wheel has 2 bits sticking out into them . it needs the black bits to stop the tpa wheel ratteling around and stoping the bolt mooving in and out the lever also making the lever slack it seemed to me the 74kingz tpa wheel is the only way to do it but let me know if u do find a way :)

Hope I helped .

jack .

P.s do you mean the bolt that screws into the tpa wheel.

Edited by jack14366

Hi mate

This doesn't really help but once you got all your problems fixed, try bleeding them with water.

Sound weird, but its that little bit more reactive because its thiner or something, my brother did it. Yeh this was random but you might like it

Hope you get it fixed soon

Tom

Hi mate

This doesn't really help but once you got all your problems fixed, try bleeding them with water.

Sound weird, but its that little bit more reactive because its thiner or something, my brother did it. Yeh this was random but you might like it

Hope you get it fixed soon

Tom

It's already bled with water, I'm too cheap to go buy a bleeding kit, hence the reason why I'm gonna try DIYing my lever today.

sorry to spoil this but if you do thave a Hs11 like you say, they DON'T HAVE A TPA.

Hi there,iv got the same problem with my sons bike he got off his mate,when you try to set them up they seem to drag the rim.the wheels are true no buckle..regards

sorry to spoil this but if you do thave a Hs11 like you say, they DON'T HAVE A TPA.

Yeah, just figured I have a HS33, I was always under the impression that the ones with the old style levers were HS11s but it turns out from a quick google that those are the ones that mount onto v posts. Sorry for the confusion.

I managed to replace the bit that commonly snaps with a bolt that uses the same thread. I file a notch into the head of the bolt like the bit that it's replacing has but it still needs some fine tuning which I hope to get done tomorrow.

Hi there,iv got the same problem with my sons bike he got off his mate,when you try to set them up they seem to drag the rim.the wheels are true no buckle..regards

A possible fix to that would be to move the slave cylinders further away from the rim, this link should help.

Edited by Kieran24

i have a HS11 on my base, and mine is set up BETTER then my friends HS33. i use the evo mounts, one standard magura booster and a water bleed. The pistons are set up with about 5mm from the rim surface, which is ground, and has enough clearance, on top of my nice buckles :P

i tried to help, lol

thanks james.