New Fork

Reinis.

Yes, if they have 4 bolt mounts or Vee mounts it creates a "stress riser", which is basically a point where all the flexing forces going through the fork are concentrated on, so they will normally crack there

Think about the old T-Pro frames, the 04-07 ones. The gusset connecting the headtube and the downtube had a closed end, so all the forces were concentrated on the point of the gusset, so nearly all of them that cracked went there.

I've got 07 Controls, which I think are just about the lightest fork out apart from Dobs, and the flex in them is really noticeable even for me, I rode down a hill recently and braked really hard on the front brake a few times, and I could see the fork flexing backwards by about 30-40mm at a guess.

Apparantly the TrialTech forks are super strong, bit pricy but it'd be worth it if you couldn't break them.

i have some trialtech forks and they are so so good realy stiff and so strong, also the build quality is amazing

i am running maggie on the front and these forks make your brake so bloddy stiff its unreal

well worth the money

Edited by ABTRIALS1

trialtech forks are the strongest alloy trials forks out now, good weight too.

+1

go for the urban with vee mounts, thats what I run and its sick! Plus I run a vee as well and its good, like it better now than when i was running a disc on it.

about a week old, if that...

post-8618-1221642653_thumb.jpgpost-8618-1221642635_thumb.jpg

Get a steel fork then - even if it does break, it'll tend to give you some warning through creaking/flex rather than the first thing you know about the fork being broken being when you're picking yourself off the ground... I got an Onza Tuf Guy to replace my snapped Urban - geometry feels exactly the same, weight isn't noticeable either.

errrm yea, they didnt last long ('tuff' guys)

post-8618-1221642691_thumb.jpgpost-8618-1221642746_thumb.jpg

Edit:

oh yea!! and another pair of urbans... btw i didnt run a front brake on these (as i didnt have one) hense why they lasted a bit longer (one month)

post-8618-1221643187_thumb.jpgpost-8618-1221643436_thumb.jpg

Edited by adrian@eastcoasttrials

Your picture of the Tuf Guy actually proved my point - everything breaks, but steel forks tend to bend rather than snap, so they're less likely to kill you in the process :)... I've broken/cracked a lot of steel forks and apart from a couple of steerer failures back in the 1" steerer tube days they've all creaked, flexed and bent rater than snapping without warning like the urbans I broke recently.