Am I Too Old For This S***

Anderzz

Hi there guys, this is my first post so be nice!.

Im 24, between the age of 13-16 i used to ride about on a BMX, but i was crap other than being able to bunnyhop and jump off ramps etc,

however ive been spending loads of time lately obsessing over mountain bikes, and more recently trial bikes. The idea of having a trial bike to chuck around and attempt the leaps i see you lot doing is seriously tempting.

In my head i have more bottle than i used to, so i think id be willing to start at the bottom and work my way up. The only problem is I will probably be on my own, as none of my mates are really interested in this kind of stuff.

Im 6ft 3 (dunno if that matters), and im keen to have a shot.

Was thinking about buying one of the onza pro bikes or similar when the 09 ones come out.

Any tips for noobs or general comments would be really appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Its never too late to start mate. I'm 24 myself but i've been riding for about 8 years. I'm not great at trials but I enjoy doing it. If ask on here i'm sure you'll be able to find riders local or not too far away from you. I've met some great people through riding trials and made some really good friends, I say give it a go but don't expect to be a great rider straight away it takes time to learn things and lots of practice. The whole point of riding for me is to enjoy myself, weather thats doing something on my bike, fixing my bike or even sitting on my bike chatting shit with the boys.

Anyway I hope you give it a go.

One last thing if you stay interested and get into the members section it might be worth you while looking at getting a second hand bike you get a lot more for your money.

Its never too late to start mate. I'm 24 myself but i've been riding for about 8 years. I'm not great at trials but I enjoy doing it. If ask on here i'm sure you'll be able to find riders local or not too far away from you. I've met some great people through riding trials and made some really good friends, I say give it a go but don't expect to be a great rider straight away it takes time to learn things and lots of practice. The whole point of riding for me is to enjoy myself, weather thats doing something on my bike, fixing my bike or even sitting on my bike chatting shit with the boys.

One last thing if you stay interested and get into the members section it might be worth you while looking at getting a second hand bike you get a lot more for your money.

Appreciate the reply mate,

I think second hand might actually be a good option. I understand that trials bikes are gonna be full of skuffs and scratches anyway, but id be worried incase i bought something that might be duff! :)

I think if i get myself started then ill definately ask about on these forums to see if anyone is local, who could maybe show me how its done. I really need a decent hobby right now. Ive spent a bit too much time on forums and whatnot, i need to get my ass out the house and start having a bit of fun.

Im gradually saving up my pennies in the bank, so fingers crossed i can get a ride before the year is out!

Never too old, mate! I'm 38 and some other guy from Italy was 56 on here. It's all good!

Just mind any injuries a bit better than the youngin's and you'll be good to go.

Just gotta be realistitc and you'll be just fine.

Now go show my arse up and have your ass some fun! That's what I'm doin. We only get one shot, y'know?

Never too old, mate! I'm 38 and some other guy from Italy was 56 on here. It's all good!

Just mind any injuries a bit better than the youngin's and you'll be good to go.

Now go show my arse up and have your ass some fun! That's what I'm doin. We only get one shot, y'know?

Haha yeah i think ill start fighting the corner for the late starters! got a couple of jobs on this week that should earn me a couple of hundred quid.. i reckon i might make my first venture into this in about 3 weeks :)

cheers mate

Couldn't have put it better, except I'm 25 and less competent at chatting shit than Anal is :lol:

He's still a "youngin", he's 24. Somne of the best riders in the world are older than that.

i hear you mate

i am 21 and used to ride trials when i was about 14/15 got pretty good if i dont say so myself

now im back into it with a bang

also i have found i am not too bothered about breaking parts or scratching parts etc (a big thing when i was younger (N) ) so i attempt much more stuff and i am now no stranger to letting the bike fall if i dont make the move

i have also seemed to develop more bottle than i had when i was younger and also look at obstacles which i looked at when i was younger and said no way, now i say.... maybe

keep riding mate it keeps you out of the pub, out of the bookies, and it gives you somthing to show for the money you have spent on your bike instead of a urine stain in a shop doorway and a headache the next morning

He's still a "youngin", he's 24. Somne of the best riders in the world are older than that.

Good point - and yeah 24 isn't old at all. I think with even the difference between 14/15 and 24 you still have to a bit more mindful of that kinda stuff. Everyone already knows that. Just sayin. ^_^

I'm 37 and started riding a few weeks ago! Never to old to have fun.

Recommend a used bike (maybe from eBay) so you won't be upset when you stack it.

I recently contacted my nearest club - Essex (over an hours drive) and went to a practice day - very worth while and great people.

Plenty of tips, advice etc. Really did motivate me.

Si