26" Gu Le

Dannoo

Allright!

After riding a year and a half on my koxx racing code, with nice parts, even though I dont like the frame geo on that one ..

I made an offer on a used GU LE, and since it was in such great condition, Im really happy I got a complete bike so cheap!

Swapped some of my old parts onto this new one, and here's how it looks:

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

A picture says more than a thousand words, but anyway heres the spec :)

GU LE frame

Echo ..something fork :)

Try all rim on GU hub back

try all rim on Viz hub up front

Try all BB

Try all 170mm cranks

Wellgo Magnesium pedals

Try all stem

Viz Logic flat bars

Hs 33 maggies front and back with green viz pads

74 Kingz tensioner

tryall booster

Maxxis Minion DH tyre back

try all stiky as front tyre

I guess thats about it!

The guy I bought it from, used a longer and higher try-all stem and an adamant riser bar. I tried switching it to my old shorter, lower stem and also to the viz logic bars

And I have to say that this gives the bike a much more streety feel!

Im not sure what I like best though.. Im gonna give the other stem a new chance in a few days I guess :)

Thanks for watching!

That setup looks fairly decent, is that rear hub a freehub? :blink:

I'd change that stem and bar though, I've currently got a ZHI 120x20 stem with a truvativ 35 mm riser bar(faced forward), and it feels really great. I love how my GU LE rides now, the only thing I'm considering upgrading is the cranks, I'm looking to get some 175 mm length cranks in the near future.

As for flex, the only flex I notice is at the lever, brake feels really spongey and doesn't hold if you don't run a booster. 2 bolt booster seems to correct that.

Answer what Ben said. Is it flexy?

Looks absolutely stunning!

Not very flexy at all. Just some flex between the seat stays when you pull the brake, like all trials frames that lack built in boosters...

I've had an echo control, DOB, and now a GU LE. So, I know the differences between a stiff (control) and a flexy (dob!!!! LMAO) frame. And the GU LE is very stiff for it's weight. I love mine to death.

- The rear hub is fixed. And Im running a try all 108.9 front freewheel setup

- I havent tried many frames, so I guess I can only compare it to my heavier koxx racing code frame, of which I havent found any geo/weight specs.

The GU feels lighter and maybe just a tad flexier, but not much, and the booster took care of that lil problem :)

Will I notice any difference, if I were to put on my 175mm cranks instead of the 170mm ones?