Hope Xc Rear Free Hub

TrialsGilly

basically got a hope xc built onto a 26" try-all rim.

When i was riding it felt like it was sort of loosening up inside, and now the wheel jsut goes round and round even though it sounds like it is engaging.

I took it all apart and think that it is the shell inside the engaement points that is spinning when it should be fixed. as the point sound like they are engaging fine.

Anyone know how i can remove the shell ? Or how I can fix it , ir is it just a write-off

Thanks for any help Tom

Edited by TrialsGilly

Don't tell them it was used for trials unless they ask though :)... Or you could go with the honest option of coming clean and admitting it was used for trials and asking for a discount on a trials hub instead of replacing with the same hub again (That's what I'd try)...

sounds like the ratchet ring has stripped - send it back to hope - its a write off ....

on the plus side they used to do this sort of fixing for free ...

:( sadness , shows what trials does to bike parts i suppose.

Are hope like that then if i send it back, i hope if do fix it. See what i did there :P

Think a wanted post is in order...

is it this one... http://www.hopegb.com/voir_PXCAR_image__tgrandeimage_1.html

you could always ask for spares prices....

Yea it is that one i think! Not sure it is worth the hastle to be honest , is an old hub , but i hoped there was still life in the old dog