Hope C2?

Boon132

Is it an old school one your looking at on a new one ?

I have got one of the original ones and it was really good when i was using it .

Ether way as long as its in good condition hope disc brakes are a safe bet.

Edited by gogz69

Is it an old school one your looking at on a new one ?

I have got one of the original ones and it was really good when i was using it .

Ether way as long as its in good condition hope disc brakes are a safe bet.

Ok i guess it should be a ok ay! :P Im not sure if its the older or newer

I think it is the very first hope so it is quite old.

Should be ok though right?

C2's are okay...im not sure they'd be suitable for trials.....i personally hate hope stuff,ive got a pair of hope mono minis and they're shite. i cant get them to work for shit, slow pistons, no power creaking...you name it its got it

If you give the c2s some tlc, new pads, fresh bleed big rotor i would have thought it'd be a good trials brake

James,

The Hope C2 uses the same size pistons as the Trials brake and V2 and would be perfectly fine for trials use.

Just make sure it all works properly etc and adjusts ok.

The C2 is a closed system brake and the only one you can adjust the lever pull, all the other brakes are open system (like on a car, self adjusting) and have a set lever pull.

OK so the C2 is an old brake but all parts to rebuild these brakes are still available so I wouldn't be worried about using one, they were a good brake and set up well still are!

Alex Dark,

If your having trouble with your brake's it's probably worth spending the money to have them set up properly or bled properly, I know it sounds patronising but you probably won't ever get them set up as well as a decent bike shop could. Remember they'll be doing that sort of thing day in day out and should know a few tricks of the trade...

The creaking will be down to lack of lubrication on the lever and lack of power I would put down to the pads not being bedded in. If its a new brake they use a special cutting laser on the rotors to give a quicker bedding in time and isn't as necessary to get them caked in mud. If its an older brake or 2nd hand try new pads, cleaning the rotor properly with meths and bedding it in with plenty of mud and water, the more the better. Hope this helps!

No, the C2 uses much smaller pistons that a Mono Trial, just look at the difference in the caliper sizes!

The C2 and the Trials run the same OD on the seal sizes........

The C2, O2, Trials and V2 all have (not exactly but within 0.5mm) the same size pistons!!

The pistons are all different and aren't interchangeable but size wise in reality there all aproximately 25mm