What Front Brake Should I Get.?

chrissyh08

hi all, just wondering should i get a hydraulic brake or a disk brake for my new trials bike. i've just started trials riding and dont really know a lot about the sport

thanks chris.

Well, you can get a hydraulic rim brake or a hydraulic disc brake.... if your just starting out then i would recomend geting a hydraulic rim brake becouse youll be falling off alot and a rim brake is not likely to get hit... discs can get hit alot on side hops ect.. hope this has helped. (Y)

Well, you can get a hydraulic rim brake or a hydraulic disc brake.... if your just starting out then i would recomend geting a hydraulic rim brake becouse youll be falling off alot and a rim brake is not likely to get hit... discs can get hit alot on side hops ect.. hope this has helped. (Y)

thanks that helped alot mate.

right....

Disc = big power, works in wet, good modulation , can get knocked, buckled wheels dont really matter

Rim brake = big power with right pads, no power in wet ( in general , i know some pads DO work in the damp ), can be setup for modulation , very sensitive to buckles for obvious reasons...

I'd say that all types of brakes can have modulation, power, wet weather performance, bite & different noise levels.

Magura rim brakes allow you to run the pads further away from the rim compared to a Vee. So buckles aren't an issue unless your after modulation. Different rim surfaces and pads give all sorts of different performance.

Hydraulic disks tend to be more expensive than anything else. But that's generally. Cable disks can also give high performance.

Your going to have to search on the different types of setups for different opinions.

I currantly run a avid bb7 and its the best disc brake ever , I got it a year ago second hand with only half life in the pads left and ive got the same pads with plenty of life left , still working extremly well.

It stops like a dream so well and i never get problems with it.They go so cheap second hand and i cant see a down side to them.

Edited by trials adam