All Change... Adamant Now!

r2wtrials

Thats the trouble with us old people... we forget and change our minds a lot!! :D

Fancied seeing what it was all about this higher BB lark... just built this up this afternoon...

fullrh.jpg

fulllh.jpg

.. Adamant A2 frame with middleburns and the rest of the stuff off my Pure.

feels nice...

Big thanks to Tartybikes for good advice and very quick service for some parts i needed to complete the change over.

Edited by r2wtrials

Took me by surprise when i did my first back-hop... comes up so quick!!

Those Middleburns are about 8 years old i guess... had them on my Sunn and Rocket back in the day!! Early type rs-hd's. Normal spider instead of that weird star type thing with the lock ring. Only thing is that it means you have to use a 22 sprocket and the A2 has very low rear stays... required a bit of a change around with rear spacers etc to stop the chain slapping against it.

The Hifi's look good on there and are nice and stiff... and the rear v is brilliant. Won't be looking for a maggie at this stage.

One of my mates has one of these silly-high Adamants, and it's actually really nice! Just like a big mod. :D

As Adam said, try a higher stem! It'd be easier on the backwheel, and generally feel nicer. My mate has some big Try-All thing on his, it's nice!

Haha ooh you bitch! Sorry about that mate :(

:D no worries... if it is ok with you i will give you some cash next week for the bars.

Just sold my Echo, Rohloff, spare bars and stem, Isis BB etc to an ex 10 times british champion and runner up in the world (motorcycles)!!!

• 2 weeks later...

that'll teach me for mucking about with new stuff!!

... I have a magura on the back now with a nice red cnc'd adamant lever blade and new hoses, only trouble is that i have now found out that the Middleburn rs-hd's are straight blades and therefore hit the bloody maggie pistons!!!!!! (with a 128mm BB) Feck!

Thanks to Adam again at Tarty's i now have the bits on the way to go Echo cranks and smaller gears back and front... the added benefit being that my chain will be well away from the tubes now, and i can go back to Isis.. but I gave my Rohloff tensioner away last week... !!

maggie.jpg

Edited by r2wtrials

Cheers.. :)

Right then, here we are. Adamant A2 with new Echo forged cranks, Echo rockring, Trialtech screw on gear, Rear maggie with RB booster and red Adamant cnc lever.. wider rims fitted front and back and Carbon bars. Hope mini front brake and Echo Hifi forks...

Got to say another huge thanks to Adam at TartyBikes for advice and extremely quick delivery on the parts. The service i have had from them all up there has been nothing but perfect.

A2completerh.jpg

A2completerear.jpg

A2completelh.jpg

... and yes the tyres will be changed soon to high rollers!!! Also i will have the rohloff tensioner back on again soon. :D we brought that car for the lad, his test is this week. Most expensive bike stand i have ever purchased :D

Edited by r2wtrials