Copying Moveis To Dvd.

totaltrials

I've been trying to copy some movies to dvd, but all the programs I have just don't want to do it.

They either just convert the movie into the right format, or they just burn the movie.

Even if I convert the movie using Tmpeg and have the sound and video separate the burning program I've used doesn't allow me to burn it to dvd. I've used Nero and some other free program I downloaded.

Does anybody know of any all in one free programs, maybe off download.com etc which simply allow you to add the movie file so I can burn it to dvd without any trouble. I'd actually buy something if it worked a treat.

I'm sure it should be easier than this, whatever I try just doesn't work, so I've decided to take the easy way out and ask some people on here because it takes the length of the film to convert and longer to burn just to find it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Why doesnt Nero work for you?, should just be a matter of opening Nero Vision, choose to create a DVD and then adding your file, selecting your settings then burning it?

I assume you are just talking about lets say having a 700mb avi file and you want that put onto dvd?

If so then Nero, or DVD Shrink, Alcohol 120%, DVD Flick

Are you making a lot of the same dvd?

If you are, the quickest way to do it, is to use one program that creates the ISO file and then use the free program "IMGBurn" (you'll find it on Google easy) to burn the ISO to the DVD. A lot quicker than using a program that has to both encode the file before burning it EVERY time!

Why doesnt Nero work for you?, should just be a matter of opening Nero Vision, choose to create a DVD and then adding your file, selecting your settings then burning it?

I assume you are just talking about lets say having a 700mb avi file and you want that put onto dvd?

If so then Nero, or DVD Shrink, Alcohol 120%, DVD Flick

Yep, just a 700mb avi file to put on dvd. I've tried nero and it just asks for a bup, vob or iso file. It doesn't seem to want to covert anything.

I'll look into those other programs, thanks.

Are you making a lot of the same dvd?

If you are, the quickest way to do it, is to use one program that creates the ISO file and then use the free program "IMGBurn" (you'll find it on Google easy) to burn the ISO to the DVD. A lot quicker than using a program that has to both encode the file before burning it EVERY time!

I'll just be making one copy with most of them. Does the iso file combine the audio and the video? or are there separate files.

I read a tutorial somewhere and it said to covert the file to mpeg with the audio and video separate which I done but nero isn't letting me add them, so there's something wrong.

Any other help anyone?

Thanks.

No need to faff around with splitting the audio. If your just doing the odd one, use something like "InterVideo WinDVD Creator". I use that if I'm just burning a downloaded movie to a dvd to watch on my home system. It converts any movie file first and then burns it for you, whole job takes about an hour.

http://download.intervideo.com/flash/WCreator3/index.htm

Edited by Sammy D

Invest in a Divx DVD player or Media Player. I have both. Download the movie (Usually 700mb's). Then just copy them onto the disc (I use Divx Player's DVD Burner). Then there you have it.

I now have over 100 movies on my 120gb media player, which can also record tv and store music, pictures etc. Really good investment IMO. :D