Media Update, :s

JohnBanks

Nice opening, the titles need to be bigger and clearer. What was your project brief? We could probably help you more if you tell us what it has to be about, other than Trials, obviously!

Well, my brief is quite vague. I was asked to make a “product” it could be about anything. So the first thing that came to my mind was a trials video. I want to make a video that has a creative start and keep the audience intrigued thorough the video. This video will be shown to my media class who don’t exactly have a high interest in the sport but are still impressed by the way the bike is ridden. If you or anyone could put some creative input into the video editing process I would much appreciate it. I’m very open to new ideas as I don’t really want to create a “normal” TGS video I want to create a riding video sort of documenting the sport but through the riding not through a narrated piece of film, unless that would appeal to my audience (which is anyone hence why I asked the forum)

Thanks for the comments so far and I hope for more.

Thanks John

Hey mate,

The start is reallg good and creative.

Although i think you should cut the song there as it was, and put somthing a little more mellow and chilling in.

Also the video is shaping up to be "just" a trials video if you get me. I think you need to be more creative in what your doing.

Also what programme you editing it in?

I would add more effects and creative riding to be honest. Get some nice lines in there to attract the viewers attention.

Whens the deadline?

Watch some trialsmedia videos, some GET videos for inspiration. It's not just the filming/editing that makes them so f**king awesome, but the riding too. Try and be creative with your riding as from that snippet it seems like you're fairly talented.

The deadline is just before Christmas (which is a bit of an ass as I am getting a HD camera for Christmas)

I have just started to use Sony Vegas pro, so im still learning the ropes abit.

What song do you think will suit my riding? I dont mined about the genre just aslong as it suits my riding.

Thanks alot John

As someone said before it is turning into just a "trials" video, maybe if you put in say a lifestyle aspect, like the humour of a trials ride, the waking up, getting there, some random jokes, artistic frames of us idiots in amongst the busy high streets? Just sort of contrast between em. The great thing about having two or mor of one thing in the video is when they say why did you choose here you say well there is the contrast between blaaa bolaaa blaaa, see :)

just film some bus ride to college and maybe of your media class and then you on you bike (Y)

Few ideas hoped i helped :)

Tom

I really think you need to go back and ask your teacher for a more specific direction to take the project in. This is what I did for my A-Level media project: Trapped in a Moment

Aside from it just being a trials video, I had to work on a really strict brief and had an itemised itinerary of nearly 70 pages, explaining everything I had to look into before constructing the video, including basic psychology and philospohy, asking random people on the street what they thought about trials, planning each shot in mind with how it was going to be received and who was going to receive it, etc, etc.

Not trying to put you down at all buddy, and its awesome that you're working on a trials vid in school/college, just needs a little bit more of direction to go in.

Keep us posted with how it goes :)

Rich

Concept

A week of you and what happens.

Live to ride.

Get up in the week days film some every day stuff. Show your expressions life style . All you can think about is riding and get that across. stare at some bike poster in bed Come the weekend Finale this short film with some trials riding and film your self on the computer editing it and then you go to sleep. The idea left to the audience is that this is a repetitive cycle. Just a idea. Hope it helps. You audience isnt us. But i look forward to you final PRODUCT hint hint.

Week (Yawn) - weekend finally ride - product is a internet vid to a forum. Let me know if you get what im saying. Good luck.

Yea,

Thanks to everyone for there imput, realy likeing some peoples ideas.

I'm getting the overall feel that the video should be about the rider of the trials not the sport, which is a realy good idea.

I will get filming i supose :P

Thanks so much, will ceep you all updated on how it goes.

John

Edited by JohnBanks

Beanhead...

Soooooooooooo gooddd =D

Although your round head looks like a pumpkin at the start =P

Lol..

But overall, verryy dongggg!!

Urm as for suggestions... Im no cameraman so i dont know...

Hmmm... Iguess that you could try riding paxton rocks? A change to the street and pallets?

An idea.. x