Mobiles Phones

Jonny Jones

This has probably been talked about before but Im in a dilemma. I have a Samsung G600, and its shite - its the worst phone ive ever owned. Ive got a year or so left on the contract with it and 02 wouldn't let me upgrade to an iPhone this early under any circumstances. So the only other option I can see is to just buy a new phone with no sim? Good idea? So basically im after either a new Sony Ericsson or anything else that you peeps can suggest for my £150-£200 budget that I can simply put my current sim card into. Ideally I'd like it to have wi-fi etc but I dunno whats available in my budget.

Many thanks in advance!

Jonny.

Edited by Jonny Jones

i had the choice between a g600 and a g800 in january and went for the g800 is a lot better just a bit bulky, im looking for another or something similar atm as i dropped mine at a foam party.

what was it you didnt like about the g600? the awful camera etc?

i had the choice between a g600 and a g800 in january and went for the g800 is a lot better just a bit bulky, im looking for another or something similar atm as i dropped mine at a foam party.

what was it you didnt like about the g600? the awful camera etc?

Aweful camera yes, crashes,usability (menu,sub menu,another sub menu etc etc) is shite,grrr its just a crap phone. Think im gonna go for the W890i, was gonna go for brown but the silver looks nice cos its metal :D

Edited by Jonny Jones

a few of my mates have the newish ericsson with the slide up camera which is a little belter.

ive had issues with sonys for phones before on everyone ive had but the w810i, but this new one seems to be the best so far, cant think of the model name will find out for you later, my mate picked one up on ebay for /£125 second hand

edit:c902 i believe

Edited by Caleb

Not too sure about the others, but DON'T get a Samsung Tocco as they are SHITE.

what exactly is wrong with it, ive got it and its fine

i also had a g600 before it and i found that fine aswell

but as for phone advice why not spend a bit more money and get an unlocked iphone, then when your contract comes from renewal you can get a sim only contract instead which are soo much cheaper and you get your iphone now

Thanks for the replies! Ive decided to go for http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/Sony%20E.../W890i%20Silver - SE W890i in Silver.

You have to buy a pay as u go sim with it. Can I simply remove this and slip my current contracted sim card into the phone and it will work fine?

Cheers!

Whatever you do, DON'T get a W580i. I have one, and it's a peice of crap!

I rarely use the camera, but that's not that great, not the worst though. Speaker's pretty good at first (for a phone) but mine's somehow blown, even though I don't play music on it?

Also, buttons 1,2,3,4 have all cracked from texting. Some of the top ones aren't too responsive anymore, and just recently it's started deciding the sim card doesn't exist, even though it's in there? I usually spend ages taking it in and out, smacking the phone, and throwing it at the wall. Works after that. :)

Best thing to do when looking at phones, is see one you like, and have a Google for any reviews/problems with them. I'm just wishing I thought of that before buying my one! >_<