Laptops, And Mobile Broadband

Mr Dave

ok slightly changed my mind, i think im gunna go for one with a 15" screen now... and plug iit into my lcd tv when i wanna watch a film...

Hey, ive just edited this as its more on topic now lol

so really im looking at lower price ones, as ram can ushally be upgraded to 4 gb, hd size is irrelevant as i have a external harddrive, and i dont use much space anyway.

The only game im likely to play on it will be counterstrike 1.6 which i used to play when i cacme out on a 300mgz desktop computer and 16mb gfx card, so im sure any laptop will cope with it now.

Ill be useing it for normal stuff really, just browsing the forums uploading pictures, watching videos youtube, itunes/amazon etc, msn :| really when i htink baout it i dont need anything majorly quick,

my current desktop has only 1gb of good ram, but a ati 1950x pro 256mb gfx card, and a amd 64bit 3ghz proccesor,

would laptopthis

if i upgraded the ram to 4gb match the speed of my curent desktop, (not talking about games) just normal stuff....

cheers

Edited by Mr Dave

The current best dual core/core 2 duo chip is the intel E8600.

Not always, but if your buying a budget laptop for around £300 rather than a premium one for around £600-800 then the graphics are usually pretty cack.

It would cope and they'd look just like your ps3 games, so long as you put numerous layers of cling film over your tv screen, smear dog crap on it and some mashed potatoes, then watched it from 20 feet away with the tv behind a piece of shattered glass.

It does look like a better laptop, but your needs justify as to how relevant the extra features are and ultimately justify whether its worth it.

They usually come via a usb stick or a pci card. In this case your only real option would be to use ICS and hook the laptop up to your router as the input connection, but i've never tried this and it would mean your laptop wouldn't be mobile as it'd have to be plugged in all the time and switched on whenever you wanted to use the internet on another computer attached to the router.

ok slightly changed my mind, i think im gunna go for one with a 15" screen now... and plug iit into my lcd tv when i wanna watch a film...

so really im looking at lower price ones, as ram can ushally be upgraded to 4 gb, hd size is irrelevant as i have a external harddrive, and i dont use much space anyway.

The only game im likely to play on it will be counterstrike 1.6 which i used to play when i cacme out on a 300mgz desktop computer and 16mb gfx card, so im sure any laptop will cope with it now.

Ill be useing it for normal stuff really, just browsing the forums uploading pictures, watching videos youtube, itunes/amazon etc, msn :| really when i htink baout it i dont need anything majorly quick,

my current desktop has only 1gb of good ram, but a ati 1950x pro 256mb gfx card, and a amd 64bit 2,6ghz proccesor,

would Visit My Website this

if i upgraded the ram to 4gb match the speed of my curent desktop, (not talking about games) just normal stuff....

cheers

which is better ....

i would proberly upgrade the ram to 4 gb on both..

Edited by Mr Dave

humm sorry,

so even the one thats says max 4gb it wont work ? i no u say i wouldnt need it but would it not help for the 28 quid it costs ?

ah ok ill wait, i thought the sales that were gunna start had already started. ?

It'll either come with home premium 64bit (which is a good thing) or your computer will only be able to address 3.something gb of it.