Anyone Know About Connecting Laptops To Tv's?

JT!

Why are you needing to convert from S-Video if your laptop has an output for it? :S

S-Video (usually) consists of a 4 pin plug (ground, ground, intensity and colour) and will carry video only. You'll need the 3.5mm audio jack to carry the sound to the television, however you're laptop will still play through the speakers if the sound is not a problem?

I'm not i don't think. :S

I as just asking for the video only, the laptop has an s-video port and the tv has an s-video port too. It also has the yellow jack input as well, so i was just asking which would be best to go with (video only) but i'm guessing it doesn't make a difference?

To keep it simple I'd go with the S-Video cable mate :) End of the day we could spend hours recommended all sorts of different cables that may work, but the S-Video seems a cert.

By the way, its a very common cable if you have an electronics store nearby? It'll save you waiting on/paying for postage :)

To keep it simple I'd go with the S-Video cable mate :) End of the day we could spend hours recommended all sorts of different cables that may work, but the S-Video seems a cert.

By the way, its a very common cable if you have an electronics store nearby? It'll save you waiting on/paying for postage :)

Probably, but stores don't tend to beat ebay prices like this http://cgi.ebay.com/FOR-HDTV-4-PIN-S-VIDEO...:1|293:1|294:50

Which is what i think i'll go for as i don't need to go buy 2 septate cables.

Is there a HDMI socket in the back of the Tv and side of the laptop? i bought a HDMI cable plugged straight in laptop and straight in tv put it on have and comes up everytime with sound lead was £9

Is there a HDMI socket in the back of the Tv and side of the laptop? i bought a HDMI cable plugged straight in laptop and straight in tv put it on have and comes up everytime with sound lead was £9

Nope.