Will It Work

mr.zoot

well i am thinking about getting a 2 blot booster on my onza lite

i am running a 4 bolt booster but will a 2 bolt stop the frame from flexing

the 4 bolt boost stops the frame from flexing altogether and is the 2 bolt booster as stiff

what 2 bolt boosters are good make wise

thanks terry

I much prefer 2 bolt boosters, 4 bolt ones make the brake too stiff I've found and reduce the bite and hold.

Is it a T-Lite? my brother has a 4 bolt RB booster on his, it's alright, not very loud though.

I'd recommend CNC backings with a 2 bolt booster, they make the brake nice and stiff but don't reduce bite.

Depends how much the frame tends to flex ^_^

If i was to get a booster I would run a two bolt

Trialtech have one out the carbon one there mint friend has on on the back of his python 04 (they flex ALOT) and with the booster it works mint (Y)

ive had no choice but to use an old v brake booster on the rear of my saracen cause no 4 bolt booster fits

so far its been woring fine

im using a water bleed maggie and it does flex a little but i dont really notice it when riding, but if you look at the frame when still you can see it flex but its such a small amount of movement i dont worry about it

i run a 2 bolt on the back of my zenith ( although the brake area of that is basically a cnc-d lump :P )and im more than happy with it. Had a 4-bolt on the zoo pitbull, and that was fine also...depends on which booster you go for, and on which frame.

I'd say only really flexy frame need a 4 bolt booster, although the use of an aftermarket lever blade (read : longer / more braking force ) may facilitate the need for a stiffer braking area, and therefore booster.