Used To Ride Trials For 4/5 Years And Now I'm Back!

Olly

I also quit trials a few years back having ridden for years. I only wish I'd kept my Brisa B26 and could take it up again. Still, maybe I'll find a bike on here and give it another go :o) From what I see, not much has changed except the ultra low frames. The rest seems similar to what's been about years although the names on the parts are all new!

There was aloverly Brisa on e bay last week didn't sell the guy is relisting some time this week, has disc front and back.

hope mono trials tend to be good for around 3-4 months before becoming a complete nightmare, if you want disc, go cable, go BB7. simple to fix, cheep, super powerful when run with a 203mm rotor.

as for your rear brake, i run a 'new shape' maggie and its alrite, but there faaar from great. everytime they need a propper adjust you have to fork out another £4 for new plastic washers, they slip and the hold isnt amazing.

As soon as mine breaks (which inevitably it will) im converting to V. Not so much bite but the hold is awesome and as you complained about a bit of brake slip id advice investing in a good V. shimanos shake temselves to pieces in 10minutes so get an avid, anything sd5 or above is good, of if your feeling super flush get an ultimate!

hope this helps

josh

In what way do they f**k up after a few months?

Matt