I Need Help

JJhey

Hi i was just wondering if anyone could help me...

Yesterday i was riding my bike and all of a sudden i heard a quite loud bang, then before i was riding it and it didn't feel right so i put my bike

upside down to see if anything was wrong and i was having a look and i found that my right crank arm would wobble and i have tried tightening

it but it just wouldn't work.

Please leave a reply saying what it could be n if there is a way to fix it (Y)

Thanks a lot JJ

Hi i was just wondering if anyone could help me...

Yesterday i was riding my bike and all of a sudden i heard a quite loud bang, then before i was riding it and it didn't feel right so i put my bike

upside down to see if anything was wrong and i was having a look and i found that my right crank arm would wobble and i have tried tightening

it but it just wouldn't work.

Please leave a reply saying what it could be n if there is a way to fix it (Y)

Thanks a lot JJ

Get an 8mill Andrew key.

Undo the crank bolt.

See if the crank comes off.

If so, take it off and see if the bb moves around.

If so, And if you have a bb tool. Take off the bb cup. Check for dirt and shizz. Get a crank extractor and remove the other crank. Take the whole bb out and check it over. If its fecked, Replace it, Seeing as its a t-vee im guessing its a square taper bb. Go on selectbikes.com and get a cheapo one off there.

Or if you are really lazy take it to you LBS.

If you are running a square tapered bb then you might have rounded the bb axle, this could have happened if your crank arm was loose and you didn't know.

If you can tighten the crank up and it still comes loose then i think you have the same problem i have had in the past.

Hope this helps.

Hi if your running taper bottom bracket it could be two things :

the bottom bracket ballbearings have poped or ,

the square taper that fits in the crank arm has bent a little bit both are quite east to mend . First try and find out what it is thow .

If you are running a square tapered bb then you might have rounded the bb axle, this could have happened if your crank arm was loose and you didn't know.

If you can tighten the crank up and it still comes loose then i think you have the same problem i have had in the past.

Hope this helps.

But if he had rounded it, I should he would have noticed :-

This is all you need. http://selectbikes.com/index.php?act=viewP...mp;productId=29

Andrew Key? It's an allen key. :lol:

The tapers on the crank arm might have been damaged, but round of the tapers on the BB? No chance haha, they're made of hardened steel.

It was a joke.

Or either Bob key.

Allen key is so last week