Bb Noise?

Mikey Tomo

Sounds like your bb is fU@ked. 1st Try checking if its done up nice and tight, also check to see that its not your pedals making the noise. If it is the bb the only real thing you can do is replace it.

Edited by Gogz-

Does it make the knocking noise when riding? (with weight on it?)

If so it can be one of or a combination of 4 things; Pedals, Chain, Cranks, Bottom Bracket, (Most likely the bottom bracket but always go through this process).

Are your cranks loose or worn?, double check by tightening them up, does the noise still occur? If no, then problem solved.

Are the bearings in your pedals knackered?, put a friend's pedals on see if that makes any difference.

Chain?, is your chain in good condition (and the respective cogs), check for missing teeth and that your chain is well lubed.

And lastly bottom bracket, it may have just come loose over time, so take your cranks off and give it a good tighten (remember the drive side is a reverse thread).

If the noise still occurs, you will need to replace your bottom bracket, as I'm assuming you one is sealed and the bearing is irreplaceable (unless you have a Try-All bottom bracket where you can just buy a new cartridge bearing).

Edited by Captain Scarlet

Does it make the knocking noise when riding? (with weight on it?)

If so it can be one of or a combination of 4 things; Pedals, Chain, Cranks, Bottom Bracket, (Most likely the bottom bracket but always go through this process).

Are your cranks loose or worn?, double check by tightening them up, does the noise still occur? If no, then problem solved.

Are the bearings in your pedals knackered?, put a friend's pedals on see if that makes any difference.

Chain?, is your chain in good condition (and the respective cogs), check for missing teeth and that your chain is well lubed.

And lastly bottom bracket, it may have just come loose over time, so take your cranks off and give it a good tighten (remember the drive side is a reverse thread).

If the noise still occurs, you will need to replace your bottom bracket, as I'm assuming you one is sealed and the bearing is irreplaceable (unless you have a Try-All bottom bracket where you can just buy a new cartridge bearing).

He knows! (Y)

instead of making a new topic, when i ride my bb makes a horrible creaking noise!

does it need greasing, and its only on the left side. ive checked my pedals re greased and tightned and cranks are fine.

id like to metion its a brand new truative gigapipe bb

Take the BB and cups out, put copper slip on the threads and inside the loose cup where it fits over the BB shell - that should solve your creaking :)