Comfort On A Bike

sideburns(dnt ask)

Easy guys,

basically after 2 years of riding i find myself still trying to find a trials bike that i feel truly comfortable on.

I've ridden a saracen MAD stock, a Planet x Zebdi, a revell and finally a Monty 221ti, and everytime i rode one it felt like i was riding somone elses bike.

I've also found that i don't find myself comfortable on mod or stock so i'm considering a 24'' as a middle ground, but i was hoping for opinions on my problems

from others before i rush into anything

Any help would be much welcomed.

peace guys

Have you tried simple adjustments such as brake lever positions, how far forward/back the bars are tilted, stem height (how many spacers underneath) etc?

I spent all day playing about with them once, made my bike feel a lot different!

Yeah i've tried all that to the extent i probably spent more time pissing around with my bike then riding it.

i used to carry a full set of tools just for that purpose.

thanks for your input mate

peace

try a long bike...they're all rather notoriously short frames...?

I did consider it but up until the monty all my bikes were set up quite streety due to the way i ride. probably the most comfortable one out of the lot

was the Planet X which did feel alright just not great

again thank you for your input mate

peace

I think you just need to spend a good while riding one bike and you'll eventually feel comfortable. I rode a 1000mm frame for a year and then went to a 1085mm frame and after riding it for a couple of weeks I already felt comfortable, obviously some stuff is harder because it's longer but with practice you'll get it.

Edited by Blitzmo

try a long bike...they're all rather notoriously short frames...?

go for this ive ridden 2 of them frames and had similar problems to you,although the cheaper option for the moment would be to make adjustments on handle bars stem handle bar hieght ect.

but another thing i found was changing my gearing helped made me feel a bit more comfortable on them frames but didnt help once id got a longer frame though <_<

It depends what you mean by comfertable. If you say you have them set up for streety stuff, then they will most likely feel like crap for most trialsy stuff and vice versa. 24s are good but a bit cramped in my opinion, I would rather ride a mod, Trying a long bike seems like a very good idea, especially if it has a high bb as it will make it a bit more streety, but it will still be harder to get the initial pull up than on a short bike.

The best thing to do is decide exactly what sort of riding you want to do, trials or street!