Bound To Happen I Guess

J Trials 31

Hey, I know there has been a ton of thread's on here about them. Mine snapped on the ring that goes around. Anyway I can get a free replacement or anything? Would it be worth contacting the place where I bought it originally? I can put up pics if necessary, but they are blurry.

Hey, I know there has been a ton of thread's on here about them. Mine snapped on the ring that goes around. Anyway I can get a free replacement or anything? Would it be worth contacting the place where I bought it originally? I can put up pics if necessary, but they are blurry.

Deleted until I learn to use the spell check.

Edited by quick_spider

Naw, no king for me. And pro 2 isn't gonna work cause I ride a mod. I'm looking to get something as cheap as possible. Sent an email to the place I bought it from, but haven't got a reply back yet. Hoping maybe I can get a replacement or something. Just noticed, mine cracked the same way Moggles did. I just couldn't find the ring that snapped off when it happened.

if the cranks snapped then more then you will be able to get half price replacement unless you can prove its a manufacturing default in which you would get a free replacement.

my king lasted a week

there must of been something f**ked up about it, as technically the harder you kick the less chance of a skip. did you buy it new? if so did you pull it apart and change the lube, as they come with a thicker lube more suited to xc and other disciplines not trials. but on the other hand when they skip they can skip a half turn.

Edited by basher

if the cranks snapped then more then you will be able to get half price replacement unless you can prove its a manufacturing default in which you would get a free replacement.

there must of been something f**ked up about it, as technically the harder you kick the less chance of a skip. did you buy it new? if so did you pull it apart and change the lube, as they come with a thicker lube more suited to xc and other disciplines not trials. but on the other hand when they skip they can skip a half turn.

Well, obviously it's a manufacturing default, but how do you prove it to someone who doesn't want to give it to you for free? And no, the cranks didn't snap. Just the drive ring, same as Moggles if you check his thread.

i was naive...and for some reason I belived supercycles when they said I would invalidate the half price replacement policy if i looked at the fracture under an SEM..

edit- im such a geek

Edited by Bionic Balls

Well, obviously it's a manufacturing default, but how do you prove it to someone who doesn't want to give it to you for free? And no, the cranks didn't snap. Just the drive ring, same as Moggles if you check his thread.

arrh i see now, yeah happened to me aswell. afraid its not a manufacturing default though really more a floor in the design but, its a budget freewheel that gives the preformance of more expensive ones. something has to give, you cant expect it to go on for years going through the abuse trials stuff goes through and at that price.

Edited by basher

i was naive...and for some reason I belived supercycles when they said I would invalidate the half price replacement policy if i looked at the fracture under an SEM..

edit- im such a geek

HAHA

WTF? How would they even tell lol