Onza Bird Or Rip

trials-boy

Well if money is not a problem then the Bird does have a 19" rear wheel which means the whole bike is fully upgradable. As for buying a second hand one its up to you but aftermarket service is very important in trials due too the abuse. Personal opinion would be go to Tarty and get the Bird. You might be able to get it cheaper on ebay but I can almost garentee the seller will not have even opened the box to check the bike out. With Tarty they will have checked the bike and will offer an awesome after market service which I regard as one of the most important things when buying a bike.

i am thinking of geting an onza bird or rip but what one is best :S ??

tell me what you think of them please

Thanks Grant

Hey Jake here,

I have also been in this serario, but most people have recommended me the bird as it has a better spec and front disk

Im also on the search for a bird atm

Goodluck (Y)

Thanks Grant

Seriously dude! 100% get a BIRD.

My friend has a RIP and within 3 weeks the cranks fell off and the bike overall isn't very good.

Mostly because of it's 20" back.

If you get any good you'll have to buy a new frame and backwheel which is 19".

You may aswell get the BIRD- at least then you can be practising on the more preffered 19" back wheel :)

Hope this helped.

mat.

Buy a second hand T-pro off ebay, a 05 one comes with maggies and are in really good condition.

They go for around £200 so you can't really go wrong.....

if you don't mind getting second hand the this is what i'm thinking of doing getting a t-pro again. you do get a better drive train,brakes and geo ona t-pro.

but if you want all the garrenties and stuff buy new and get the t-bird, it's a wicked starter bike 'n tarty'll sort you out v-pad upgrade. for the little extra getting disc up front wich works sh*t hot. and the 19'' rear wheel.

such a nice bike to bunny hop. really flicky.

my mates got one and he ragged the crap out of it and the most damage was a dented rim (with was fixed easly,ejustable spanner)

and the handle bar bent abit after slammin a four foot drop to front wheel!

but like i say he really did push the limets of that bike. only thing i will dis are the leavers they really weak. thats it! :)

Neither, just think of what you are actually getting for your money. NOT ALOT. You should spend your money on a decent second hand bike such as an 07 gu typhoon for £375 with drilled rims tensile cranks etc... huthum cough cough.

If you want a brand new bike go ahead and buy the Bird, The thing with the Rip is that it has a 20" rear wheel instead of the 19". With the 20" backwheel you have Very limited choice on rear tyres, well theres only one tyre you can use and thats the onza sticky fingers, with the 19" you have a better selection, Echo, Try-all, Maxxis and monty tyres.

But you could go with a second hand bike, and youl get a much better spec bike than the bird or the rip. You could pick up a really well specced out bike for £400. Complete with maguras, decent wheels, brakes and more. The second hand bike will also ride alot better than the onzas will with the after market bars and stems which will aid you in improving much faster.

I would go for the bird but then again the rip is cheeper and you would have more money left over to spend on it.

you'd need a fair bit more than £50 to spend on a rip.

Edited by Connor Powell

Trust me- don't get a rip because if you get any good- you'll have to spend another £400+ to get a decent bike with a 19" back.

Even if you have to wait till Christmas to get a bird- DO IT!

Hope this helped :)

Mat.

My friend has a RIP and within 3 weeks the cranks fell off and the bike overall isn't very good.

Mostly because of it's 20" back.

Thats not down to the bike, that's down to the owner being useless with a spanner. Did he not notice the cranks were loose?!

For £350 you can get properly decent bikes second hand these days, the Onza Bird looks like a great start bike if you want to go new though, but top-spec bikes are going mega cheap these days.

I saw a bike on here the other day that was up for about £350, the same bike a year ago would have fetched around £550-600 if you ask me.

Thanks Grant

I have a bird and i really love them although the rip is chaper the bird has a front disc which is amazing although one thing on both bikes the forks way a ton so i swapped mine for some montys

Thanks Trials Ryan

• 3 weeks later...