Little Things To Make You Ride Better

trials ryan

Hi Ryan here and i was with on my bike today and i realised that some little tiny things wernt helping my riding and i fixed them and i ride lots better,

here are the things to help you ride better:

Make sure you chain is tense not to tense (not to tense becuase it will stop you from gappin' more) theese are the ways how to do it,

1. Chain tensioners to,

to tighten... unscrew the big bolt very slightly and tighten the small bolt until your chain is tense (just enough for a tiny shake)

to losen... unscrew both bolts until you have the right tension.

If you do not have chain tensioners another way is to just unscrew your back wheel allen or quick release very slightly and get a friend to hold and pull on the bars and move you back wheel back and tighten up again.

2. V-brakes, make sure you brakes work properly

The best method i have found is,

unscrew the fine tunning bolt at the top of you brake leaver so it is almost out then untension the springs and then using a 5mm allen key unscrew the bolt where the brake cable runs through and push in the brake so the padds are touching the rim then secure the nut then with that bolt near the brake leaver you unscrewed screw that back in and all the way then feel you brake leaver and it should feel amazing if the brake leaver is pulling a little to much use the fine tuning bolt to get it just how you want it.

3. Ratteling - nothing i hate more,

I have found that rattles and scweaks can put you off riding the best you should be so to stop ratteling or to find out if anything is pick you bike up about a foot and drop it and if their is a lot of ratteling make sure these things are tight:

Chain (again)

Headset

Bash plate

These are the main things i have come across if you come across other things listen up and make sure all the bolts are tight.

Thanks i hope this helped alot Ryan. :rolleyes:

I have found that rattles and scweaks can put you off riding the best you should be so to stop ratteling or to find out if anything is pick you bike up about a foot and drop it and if their is a lot of ratteling make sure these things are tight:

Chain (again)

Headset

Bash plate

I have also found that it is worth tightening your cranks arms, bottom bracket, pedals. Basically everything that can move or can be removed from your bike needs to be fitted correctly and tightened up.

A bit of grease on your steerer tube is also a help

Ryan shut up mate, your bike is full of rattles, lose bolt's and shitty bolt's.

Nothing on your bike it tight.

Even your vee brake is nealry falling off, the head set wobble's, chain is far to tight, your front wheel today was very very lose, your grip's you can slide them off, your brake's rubb.

lol

ly

Lil'Liam :)

For some reason it hasent really worked i dont know what makes my noise on my onza

Coming from around the crank area? Its is the chain rubbing against the little metal thing near your bashplate. All onza's do it. It's above the rubber piece in between your bashplate and frame.

Hi Ryan here and i was with on my bike today and i realised that some little tiny things wernt helping my riding and i fixed them and i ride lots better,

here are the things to help you ride better:

Make sure you chain is tense not to tense (not to tense becuase it will stop you from gappin' more) theese are the ways how to do it,

1. Chain tensioners to,

to tighten... unscrew the big bolt very slightly and tighten the small bolt until your chain is tense (just enough for a tiny shake)

to losen... unscrew both bolts until you have the right tension.

If you do not have chain tensioners another way is to just unscrew your back wheel allen or quick release very slightly and get a friend to hold and pull on the bars and move you back wheel back and tighten up again.

2. V-brakes, make sure you brakes work properly

The best method i have found is,

unscrew the fine tunning bolt at the top of you brake leaver so it is almost out then untension the springs and then using a 5mm allen key unscrew the bolt where the brake cable runs through and push in the brake so the padds are touching the rim then secure the nut then with that bolt near the brake leaver you unscrewed screw that back in and all the way then feel you brake leaver and it should feel amazing if the brake leaver is pulling a little to much use the fine tuning bolt to get it just how you want it.

Chain (again)

Headset

Bash plate

These are the main things i have come across if you come across other things listen up and make sure all the bolts are tight.

Thanks i hope this helped alot Ryan. :rolleyes:

, you plank

Everythink you have said here, is what i said today :S pritty much my exact word's

, you plank

Everythink you have said here, is what i said today :S pritty much my exact word's

'i fixed them and i ride lots better'

haha you lier you said you did'nt know what to do , so i had to do it all :S

, you plank

Argueing with yourself, now that is cool. :unsure:

, you plank

is that why i was wainting for my things on tarty to come i was in the back yard tightening things nothing ratteles no more just need to let the pads wear in.