Not-so-new To Tf

Annihilation

Hi,

It's been a long time since I signed up for trials forum, but I've come back.

Originally I started out on a Barracuda Subway, which was a really nice jump/street bike, I enjoyed that a lot. I first learnt to backhop on that, many moons ago, and I remember how chuffed I felt having been able to do it.

That's one of the strange things about this sport. Huge sidehops and big gaps look impressive to the outsider, but if you think about it, you appreciate just how hard it is just to learn how to pedal-kick at all, although I know some of you have picked it up in hours; there's always going to be naturals like that. I for one took days to learn it. I kept asking as many people as I could how you do it, but until you make the connection in your own head, none of it makes sense, 'it's pedal, jump, let go of the lever.' 'it's let go of the lever, pedal, jump.' until it clicks, its as good as talking french to a german.

Anyway, I've got past that stage, I'm a reasonably competent rider. I still do things like, drop my front end when I gap over a certain distance, or gap from a foot from the edge of the object I'm on, but these tricks take a little bit of perseverance and attention paying to them, and I'll have them down.

This summer really should be the most important summer in my riding career, when I get a proper car, and decent skills, and I can produce videos to show the whole trials world just what I can come up with. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet some of you, which will make it all the better!

Yeah, so I suppose this is me saying hi to trials-forum.

Do any of you have fond memories of beginning trials, like I had with my Barracuda?

Hey mate. Welcome back to TF. In a short while you'll realise a lot hs changed

What bike have you got now, dude?

Shut it, dickhead!

Thanks, yeah. I remembered about this account here, so I thought I'd check it out again.

I've got the services of a t-rex, haha. It does the trick, I stuck some DMR wing bars on there to try and get it to manual better but it doesn't, which is disappointing.

Welcome back dude. Where abouts are you from? Throw a little info like that into your profile and keep an eye on the Rides/Locations subforum, that way you'll have an idea of when people are riding in and around your area and be able to get along and meet a few other riders which will not only help you become more a part of the scene, but improve and learn new stuff quicker/easier (Y)

Good to see you back at it :)

Hi,

It's been a long time since I signed up for trials forum, but I've come back.

Originally I started out on a Barracuda Subway, which was a really nice jump/street bike, I enjoyed that a lot. I first learnt to backhop on that, many moons ago, and I remember how chuffed I felt having been able to do it.

That's one of the strange things about this sport. Huge sidehops and big gaps look impressive to the outsider, but if you think about it, you appreciate just how hard it is just to learn how to pedal-kick at all, although I know some of you have picked it up in hours; there's always going to be naturals like that. I for one took days to learn it. I kept asking as many people as I could how you do it, but until you make the connection in your own head, none of it makes sense, 'it's pedal, jump, let go of the lever.' 'it's let go of the lever, pedal, jump.' until it clicks, its as good as talking french to a german.

Anyway, I've got past that stage, I'm a reasonably competent rider. I still do things like, drop my front end when I gap over a certain distance, or gap from a foot from the edge of the object I'm on, but these tricks take a little bit of perseverance and attention paying to them, and I'll have them down.

This summer really should be the most important summer in my riding career, when I get a proper car, and decent skills, and I can produce videos to show the whole trials world just what I can come up with. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet some of you, which will make it all the better!

Yeah, so I suppose this is me saying hi to trials-forum.

Do any of you have fond memories of beginning trials, like I had with my Barracuda?

Hey welcome back to T-F.

Im sure you will get validated in no time at all. Just ignore me if I become a twat as davey and ben both know what im like. :$

welcome your not quite as old school as me i started back in 1998 on a 18 inch gt backwards with the middle ring cutup to use as a bash ring !

Hehe, its a bit easier for me now, I've got a job so I can afford a bike that does what I want, rather than having to modify my own.

Still, nothing like a bit of the old-school. That's one criticism I've got for the new types of bikes, they just don't bunnyhop well. I know I'm wrong about this, because it just can't be so, but I can't see how people find a bike that doesn't bunnyhop on demand good riding. Haha, that's my two cents. Still, they have their uses, long things.

I might end up building up a long thing and a streety thing.

Aah, I see I'm no longer yellow!

Edited by Annihilation