New Member From Newbury

hello fellow trials riders, i'm phil from newbury and just getting back in to trials after about 4 years, i pulled my trials bike out from the back of the garage the other day and only been out once whice was great to be back out on the trials bike but reminded me i need a new rear hub, i'm currently running a hope xc, it keeps slipping and where i'm running single speed the cog is cutting in to the hub bit? can anyone recommend a rear wheel to buy? second hand or brand new, i need one before next sunday as i'm going to guersey (st peters port) to work for 6 months and was going to take my trials bike with me to give me something to do in the evenings, so be grateful if i could find some trials rider on here who lives over there, anyway happy riding people and remember to wear your helmet xXx :-)

hello fellow trials riders, i'm phil from newbury and just getting back in to trials after about 4 years, i pulled my trials bike out from the back of the garage the other day and only been out once whice was great to be back out on the trials bike but reminded me i need a new rear hub, i'm currently running a hope xc, it keeps slipping and where i'm running single speed the cog is cutting in to the hub bit? can anyone recommend a rear wheel to buy? second hand or brand new, i need one before next sunday as i'm going to guersey (st peters port) to work for 6 months and was going to take my trials bike with me to give me something to do in the evenings, so be grateful if i could find some trials rider on here who lives over there, anyway happy riding people and remember to wear your helmet xXx :- )

Yes man! Another rider for newbury.

Like connor said king or pro 2, I reccomend a pro 2 as they are cheaper and of what I have heard are more reliable. :)

cya around mate. ;)

yeah i've been told by my friend about the hope pro2 whats the tryall H 135 like??

Nahh, the try all H wouldn't work. Its a fixed hub (meaning you screw a sprocket onto it.) so you would propably need new cranks to get a front freewheel.

You need to look at the 'freehubs' section on tartybikes.co.uk :)

But I really recommend that you do NOT get a deng hub (zoo, echo, adamant etc etc) unless your dentist is really well trained. :P

Yes man! Another rider for newbury.

Like connor said king or pro 2, I reccomend a pro 2 as they are cheaper and of what I have heard are more reliable. :)

cya around mate. ;)

Wrongggggggg,

Chris King are far more reliable.

Try-all H wont work. Its a fixed rear hub meaning you have a fixed sprocket on it, having two fixed sprockets will me you wont be able to 'coast'.

Your going to need a freehub, which has Spawls,Springs and Teeth inside.

hello fellow trials riders, i'm phil from newbury and just getting back in to trials after about 4 years, i pulled my trials bike out from the back of the garage the other day and only been out once whice was great to be back out on the trials bike but reminded me i need a new rear hub, i'm currently running a hope xc, it keeps slipping and where i'm running single speed the cog is cutting in to the hub bit? can anyone recommend a rear wheel to buy? second hand or brand new, i need one before next sunday as i'm going to guersey (st peters port) to work for 6 months and was going to take my trials bike with me to give me something to do in the evenings, so be grateful if i could find some trials rider on here who lives over there, anyway happy riding people and remember to wear your helmet xXx :-)

Ah a Newbury man. Not too far from my neck of the woods! I live in andover and have ridden Newbury lots over the years but never as a trials rider. There is some good stuff to ride if you know where to look! Last time i rode Newbury i got bruised balls and dented pride at the skate park when a barspin went wrong! As for the hub a chris king is uber expensive but worth it! The hope should be a good bet as a LOT of riders use them! Was just a thought but i know they weigh alot but why not try some of the single speed dirt jump hubs? They are bomb proof and the new dmr runs a 6 pawl engagement system They come with a hardened steel sprocket. Just a thought like! I think im Gunna use one for my 24uk.