Are Monty Hose Splitters Any Good.

Jackibrap

They have got to be the weakest things ever, also I don't think they make the brake anymore resposive compare to a standard magura set-up.

Weak? Mine took a serious hammering to get it in and it didn't even bend.

It does make the brake slightly more responsive if you ask me, but it also makes the pads move at a more similar rate and allows you to get a cleaner hose line

There's really no need for them. It might make your pads pull in evenly, but that doesn't really achieve much by doing do. Maybe a little bit extra bite which is pretty useless for a rear brake.

Also, they make your brake more difficult to bleed, they're a bitch to set up and there's more chance of your brake leaking.

Edited by JT!

Hi,

I personally think that you should not waste your money as magura's are designed to put equal amount of pressure on each piston. I was thinking of getting one a while back and then I tried my friend's brake which has one on and my brake was more powerful. Also you may say his was a rubbish bleed but we both had them bleed that day at the bike shop.

There's really no need for them. It might make your pads pull in evenly, but that doesn't really achieve much by doing do. Maybe a little bit extra bite which is pretty useless for a rear brake.

Also, they make your brake more difficult to bleed, they're a bitch to set up and there's more chance of your brake leaking.

Hi,

I personally think that you should not waste your money as magura's are designed to put equal amount of pressure on each piston. I was thinking of getting one a while back and then I tried my friend's brake which has one on and my brake was more powerful. Also you may say his was a rubbish bleed but we both had them bleed that day at the bike shop.

I used to say very similar things until I got one, but trust me they really are better than having a crossover.

From what I have heard, they are good. They equalise the movement between the too slaves(pistons). So you might get a little more responce from the brake. But I cant imagine how irritating they are for bleeding though.

Nope, I bleed from the slaves.

I hang a pot of the fluid on the lever blade though with the drain tube going into it so it's submerged, then just bleed it through from one slave, then when you disconnect the syringe and it starts to run out, it's sucking in fresh fluid rather than air. Put the bleed bolt in with it dribbling everywhere and you can be certain theres no air in there, then just repeat for the other side.

I'd always thought they were more of a convenience thing rather than for any real mechanical benefits. Sure the pads should move out at the same time but with all the different variables to do with piston movement it's unlikely that they'll both be moving at exactly the same speed anyway. They make cable management a bit easier and with no crossover it can be strapped in line with your frame so far less likely to pull off on anything.