Brake arm isn't binding with mounting bolt

cable isn't kinked

cable isn't frayed

cable routing is smooth

brake isn't rusting onto pivot post

There may be more checks, but its going to be at least one of the above I think

check:

pads not hitting the tyre no

Brake arm isn't binding with mounting bolt could i have some more information on this i think it may be this one?cable isn't kinked

cable isn't frayed no

cable routing is smooth Dont know

brake isn't rusting onto pivot post No

There may be more checks, but its going to be at least one of the above I think

its unlikely to be the bolt biding but you know the bolt that holds the arm on? Sometimes if you use the wrong bolt there it can clamp the brake solid rather than let it pivot.

Did the brake work before? Have you changed anything on it? how old is the brake/cable?

One last thing I would check is that the little pin that sits in a hole next to the brake post hasn't snapped, that can lead to a brake not returning

its unlikely to be the bolt biding but you know the bolt that holds the arm on? Sometimes if you use the wrong bolt there it can clamp the brake solid rather than let it pivot.

Did the brake work before? Have you changed anything on it? how old is the brake/cable?

One last thing I would check is that the little pin that sits in a hole next to the brake post hasn't snapped, that can lead to a brake not returning

I had another look at the brake and it looks like there s a washer missing odd the top of it but i cant remember if that was there before could that have any impact on it? the oonly thing i tryed to do on t wsas fit a booster but it didint fit.

Ryan