Double Free-weel

Mockett

Had a littlebit of a f*** up and got the wrong rear hub. I got a free hub and a free weel on the crank a few little questons

1) First of all the it work (dot see why not just asking)?

2) Apart form the weight will it effect the performance on the bike ?

3) Is it beter for me to get a fixed hub or a Or a fixed crank?

Your Views And opiyons Pleas.................

Mockett

Had a littlebit of a f*** up and got the wrong rear hub. I got a free hub and a free weel on the crank a few little questons

1) First of all the it work (dot see why not just asking)?

2) Apart form the weight will it effect the performance on the bike ?

3) Is it beter for me to get a fixed hub or a Or a fixed crank?

Your Views And opiyons Pleas.................

Mockett

It will work but surely theres twice as much chance of it skipping ? Plus, they both need to engage at then same time. It's not advisable.

It all depends on what hub/Fw you have, getting a Fixed front cog will be cheaper, you can pick them up for <£10 on here normally.

But if it's a cheapish freehub and you've got an Eno freewheel it would pay to get a new rear hub/wheel.

In theory, one freewheeling device would have to engage, then the other. Making the over all effective engagement points feel like you have something like 10-15.

But in reality, what will happen is one free wheeling device will stay put, and only one will spin. So, it might not make much of a difference, it certainly isn't advisable though not only becuase of the extra weight, but becuase of the fact that this is trials where you're moving the cranks in both directions both freewheeling devices can become unengaged and that could happen when you're doing a gap, suddenly you'll need to turn the cranks twice as much, and i'll probably end up making you eat the wall your gapping to.

I've run this, temporarily.

My ENO on the front stayed put unless I pedalled backwards. It's really weird... As you set up, if you pedal backwards the FFW moves, which is 72ep, and then that engages, but you have to keep pedalling until the rear hub engages. I had a 24ep hub, so it was shite. I think overall you end up with the eps of whichever is lowest.

yer it would work fine, but only if you enjoyed stationairy trials :P

I ran a eno and a profile for months and it was fine just ran on the eno till you but youre foot on the ffw. Then you would hear the profile clicking away. Lewis

A good free hub in my eyes is a lot better but it depends on the quality of the free wheel and the free hub which will be better of course. it will work if you run them both but u will have a bigger delay before u get engagement. I would probably send the freehub back and order a fixed hub though if i was you.

Haha, Got yourself in a bit of a funny situation 'aye? :lol:

If I was you I would possibly get a fixed hub and go FFW,

But my prefered option would to be to get a fixed freewheel and get a nice freehub (Profile [if I could afford :P])