Do Tensile Have A Warrenty?

r2wtrials

After 2 months this happened to my Tensile freewheel tonight....

cracked.jpg

brokentensile.jpg

... and it bloody hurt as i collected the bike on the way down off the pallets!!!

Now i am not a good rider so stay safe and don't do big drop offs etc... would you expect them to last longer than a couple of months?

Mine did that after about a year. I'm a pretty sucky rider so that's probably why mine lasted longer, what sucks is, I didn't get a warrenty straight from them, but I did get my money back from the place I bought it from. Bad thing is I just bought another bike and it has a Tensile on it. We'll see how long it lasts. It's already skipped and stuff and it's only been a week. Also, anyone have an idea why my chain keeps coming off my bike. It makes a loud popping noise then the chain comes off.

Edited by J Trials 31

Mine did that after about a year. I'm a pretty sucky rider so that's probably why mine lasted longer, what sucks is, I didn't get a warrenty straight from them, but I did get my money back from the place I bought it from. Bad thing is I just bought another bike and it has a Tensile on it. We'll see how long it lasts. It's already skipped and stuff and it's only been a week. Also, anyone have an idea why my chain keeps coming off my bike. It makes a loud popping noise then the chain comes off.

chain line like?

... not only did it produce blood and a big bruise on me, when it all went bang and the chain tension let go and whatever else happened it snapped my 24 kingz tensioner!!! Bollox :)

Edited by r2wtrials

Im guessing the chain tension is wrong? And I think he ment chain line link?

I don't know I thought I had it good. But I hate the snail cams that are on it. Matter of fact the only snail cams I like are Monty's. The chain is pretty old and it probably needs to be replaced. Would this have anything to do with it? Sorry for the huge threadjack Heath. Just had a question and didn't feel like making another thread. lol

I don't know I thought I had it good. But I hate the snail cams that are on it. Matter of fact the only snail cams I like are Monty's. The chain is pretty old and it probably needs to be replaced. Would this have anything to do with it? Sorry for the huge threadjack Heath. Just had a question and didn't feel like making another thread. lol

Possibly, Are the spikes(forgot actual name) ok on the freewheel and sprocket?

... not only did it produce blood and a big bruise on me, when it all went bang and the chain tension let go and whatever else happened it snapped my 24 kingz tensioner!!! Bollox :)

Yeah, mine was like that too. Glad I wasn't doing a gap or whatever you were doing. I was just hopping up a rock and it snapped when I pedal kicked to the top.

Possibly, Are the spikes(forgot actual name) ok on the freewheel and sprocket?

Haven't checked. I sure hope that isn't it. And the word your looking for is teeth. hehe

Edited by J Trials 31

Just hopped onto three blue pallets and was about to go across the gap onto another set.... went bang on take off and i landed between the two :) Made Rob laugh anyway!!!.. Bloody lucky i haven't the skill or bottle to do 10 pallets high :D

... anyway, this is what the bike looked like about 15 minutes before it happened. Just fitted hi-fi forks and removed stackers to bring the bar height down a bit but still comfortable for my knackered back (even more knackered now!!) :)

Had just fitted the new Phat Pads as well... they work lovely, for the 10 minutes i managed to ride... !

echopurefull.jpg

Yeah, mine was like that too. Glad I wasn't doing a gap or whatever you were doing. I was just hopping up a rock and it snapped when I pedal kicked to the top.

Haven't checked. I sure hope that isn't it. And the word your looking for is teeth. hehe

Teeth thats the one!

Apparently there was a "dodgy" batch of tensile freewheels which were not heat treated proper or something. Looks like you've got one of them. You've got a good case for a warranty replacement.

Well thats what I heard, but I don't think one batch normally provides enough freewheels for the period I've seen these broken ones appearing in, I must have been seeing it happen for about 18 months now at least.

Well thats what I heard, but I don't think one batch normally provides enough freewheels for the period I've seen these broken ones appearing in, I must have been seeing it happen for about 18 months now at least.

Yeah, if I have my choice I won't have another one. After the one I have now of course.

I don't think it's the teeth on the FW or sprocket. I just checked, it seems fine. I guess it is the chain, I know it's worn, but I don't how that could be causing it.

send it, and itll be half price warranty on any onza/tensile product.

and what bikes that? looks like coustellier

How does that look like a Coust? It's an Echo Pure.

I did exactly the same to an ENO...who didn't offer any warranty :(

I'm fairly sure they'll do at least a half price replacement (as mentioned above), as they did with my crank, but then I wonder if that was a one-off and in general they only replace strictly "onza" branded parts- hence the reason for the tensile brand in the first place..

hmmm

Ordered a new Echo f/w from tarty's today along with the Echo tensioner that sits on the hub spindle... will talk to Onza about the other one but just want the bike up and running again, even though i am not!! The bruised area enlarged overnight and pain has set in!!! No riding for a few days i think :)

Ordered a new Echo f/w from tarty's today along with the Echo tensioner that sits on the hub spindle... will talk to Onza about the other one but just want the bike up and running again, even though i am not!! The bruised area enlarged overnight and pain has set in!!! No riding for a few days i think :)

Not suprised you was bruised mate that was a savage snap. Like you said lucky you wernt doing 10 pallets.

Not suprised you was bruised mate that was a savage snap. Like you said lucky you wernt doing 10 pallets.

... I had the snip just after Christmas, if i had known this was going to happen i would have waited :D