Question On Meta Cranks?

J Trials 31

I have some Meta cranks on my Zhi. I've been riding it lately and noticed the pedals seemed to be loose, but I checked and they are not. It seems to have an insert where the pedals go and that insert is moving around. Anyone experienced this and what ways are their to solve it?

Take the pedal off, and tighten the pedal thread insert into the crank (there may be a lockring for the insert on the rear of the cranks, in which case tighten this up to). Then fit the pedals back in and see if its at all helped (Y)

Sounds like you let the pedal get loose or never tightened it fully. This can damage the crank/insert interface. Also check to make sure the pedal washer is in place.

Try tightening the pedal as much as you can to bring everything together. Unlike regular cranks there is no risk of stripping the crank threads, so get them as tight as you can. I've checked a few people who have had this problem and found that the pedals are 1-2 TURNS from being completely tight.

Worst case scenario you could try knocking the insert out and put it back with some JBweld. This should get rid of the wobble.