Street Trials 24"

Hi all, this is my first post in this forum. I ride mostly street but have been getting into more and more trials, I think I now need a smaller frame but not one that is trials specific.

I'm looking for a disc only 24" trials frame thats compatible with an 80mm fork. Does anyone have any recommendations? Something similar to Ryan Leech's Norco Manifesto but with horizontal drop-outs and disc only.

I really want the Curtis T24, but can it be used with 80mm forks? (Lowered Argyle 318)

http://www.curtisbikes.co.uk/trials24.html

Thanks for any help

Edited by billybigballs

The curtis will be very expensive! Its also very difficult to get pukka trials geo with suspension. But it might be worth looking into a marino custom frame, he is a good guy totally up for anything you wanna try. His frames cost 120US$ bout 78 quid! His work gettin alot of fans on this forum. So he might be worth a look

Gary at Curtis bike is one of the soundest guys to chat to.

Give him a call, explain your needs and he'l tweak the geo towards whatever you want.

Yes, custom Curtis bikes are expensive, but they are f'en gorgeous, British hand made and you can have your initials stamped into the drop-outs....PIMP

Edited by kyddie

Hi guys thanks for the replies, I dont know what the first "post 1" is about...?

Yeah the Curtis frames are expensive, but you get what you pay for. I've been doing dirt jumping and street riding for about 6 years, since then have broken a few mid-range budget frames so now I plan on spending a bit more for a top quality frame that will apparently last forever..

Thanks for the info on Marino their frames look quality but I can't find any info on the materials used and the frame manufacturing process, know where it is?

The choice is between custom Curtis or Marino frame, was already partially decided on Curtis because they're custom and British but the idea of a Peruvian custom frame sounds cool, I dont think I've seen any in my area.

If I can get Curtis to lower the head angle of the T24 frame slightly to ~69-71o will the frame geometry become more suited to a 80mm fork?

Sorry for blabbering on I've been looking for a new frame for ages, hoping to get it before our short British summer starts and finishes but looks like little chance of that.

Thanks again

I absolutly agree gary curtis is a good bloke my mate had a custom curtis built for him and gary bent over backwards for him! Like after he had the frame for about 2 years gary contacted him and asked him to send the frame back which he did then got his frame back with a new coat of paint and new stickers for bugger all! He is spot on. Marino uses hi tensile steel its not the lightest but a 24 will come in at about 2.4 kg only 300 grams more than an inspired so its not too bad. But the choice is down to you buddy.

Thanks for the info on Marino their frames look quality but I can't find any info on the materials used and the frame manufacturing process, know where it is?

You can look some of the frames that he has made as well as the process in these links:

http://picasaweb.google.com/marinobike

http://picasaweb.google.com/marinobikes