Profile Hub Pawl Question

sayshell

Hey I just bought a new titanium 1 piece driver for my profile hub (this one)

http://www.danscomp.com/461074.php?cat=PARTS

but the pawls/springs from my old hub don't fit on my current profile driver. I currently own this one with the removable cassette cog driver.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...category_id=147

Dans Comp is horrible, they don't even write this in the the description despite it being the most relevant piece of information... That and the weight which is also not listed. Anyways does anyone know where to get the correct pawls and springs? The pawls might be right, but I know the springs are wrong for sure the springs are the wrong length and shape.

Edited by sayshell

thanks that is very usful. The springs don't work though the internals are different on the driver. On the removable cog driver their is a bump in the center that the spring bends over where as on the 1 piece driver its completely flat and the spring just flops down. Oh wait yeah that diagram is weird that is what i was trying but it didnt work Ill try it again or something but the pawl seems too long and is crunching udnerneath where the pawl rotates

Edited by sayshell

Older drivers aren't reversable, and if you put the spring in the wrong place, it won't be under a lot of tension, so you'll notice that you've screwed it up before you've assembled the whole driver and slid it on the hub.

oldrhd1.jpg

So you must have an older driver or put the springs in wrong. If it doesn't cost much send the driver back to Dans and ask for a new one.

oldrhd1.jpg

So you must have an older driver or put the springs in wrong. If it doesn't cost much send the driver back to Dans and ask for a new one.

oh i finally figured out what happened for some reason my driver is left hand drive instead of right. I must have made a mistake when I ordered it. I don't think their is a way of converteing left into right is there?

The new ones with the bump are made to be left or right hand drive, I thought? The bump's there to give the spring something to bend against, whichever way it's put in? Sure you've not putting the springs in upside down or anything?

Either way, if you need new springs, Primo's pawl & springs fit Profile hubs but cost a quarter of the price...