Hs33 Lever To A Louise Caliper?

James Quigley

Well I have bought a Lousie Disc for the sum total of £20 but the lever needs a new reservoir cap (I have bleed it using a jubilee clip to test and works a treat, bargain brake if you ask me).

Can't seem to find a reservoir cap so until I find one, i have a Hs33 lever sat here doing nothing but look pretty.

has anybody tried this setup and did it work?

I would just go and try it anyway but cani be arsed gettting my hands covered in mineral oil right now.

I know the levers will probably use different piston sizes etc, but dont know how this will affect performance.

Also any issues with one being an open system and the other being closed?

It won't work well anyway. The piston diameter in a HS33 lever is much bigger than in a louise lever, so the brake will feel very wooden and have nothing like the power a correctly set up Louise will have. Also the Louise uses a high pressure brake line rather than plain plastic tubing (Again because it needs a higher pressure to work), so it may be very difficult to fit the lever in the first place as the tubing doesn't match. This is before you account for the Louise being an open system brake, so it automatically adjusts for pad wear rather than requiring adjustment with the TPA. Pretty much all the Louise and HS33 have in common is the fluid they use...