Tyre Pressures For A Beginner?

MikeWarner

After a very long break from trials, I'm going out to ride my new stock for the first time on Monday and I'm wondering what tyre pressure I should run - keeping in mind I'm essentially a beginner. I have a 2.4 Rubber Queen at the rear and a 2.2 Mountain King at the front. I have a pretty standard light front inner tube and at the rear a downhill tube - although a slightly light one. I'm about 12.5 stone and class myself as a pretty light rider, although as a beginner, I'll be prone to making mistakes.

Recommendations would be great. Cheers. :)

For a bit of fun, I'm going to guess at around 35 psi front and rear. Let see how far off I am. :P

I think if you run your tyres a bit softer when your just starting it out you might find it easier, you get a little bit more bounce.

Or you could pump them up quite hard, hop around a bit then let a bit of air out, then hop around a bit and let a bit of air out, keep ding that until it feels comfortable.

i ride with my tires about 15-25PSI depending on what i feel like that day. lesser will make it easier to hop about. i usually go by feel, just add air or let it out until all fees right. i weigh about 115 pounds and ride a mod.