Rear Rim Advice

Andy Vox

Hi,

Ronnie died quite a while ago, but i think now it looks like a 50p i should invest in something new.

Basically i want something that:

1) holds a grind like ron

2) is wide, preferably something like 40mm, so i can run a 2.5 tyre without it folding like it does on ronnie.

3) something strong, so when i ride street it doesnt just die instantly. but also light as im a bit of a weenie.

I ride alot more natural than street but i enjoy going big, and landing hard now and again.

anyone got any ideas?

anyone tried the atomz rim at all?

Thanks for the help guys

Hi,

Ronnie died quite a while ago, but i think now it looks like a 50p i should invest in something new.

Basically i want something that:

1) holds a grind like ron

2) is wide, preferably something like 40mm, so i can run a 2.5 tyre without it folding like it does on ronnie.

3) something strong, so when i ride street it doesnt just die instantly. but also light as im a bit of a weenie.

I ride alot more natural than street but i enjoy going big, and landing hard now and again.

anyone got any ideas?

anyone tried the atomz rim at all?

Thanks for the help guys

dont get a hole or older echo try what waynes got.

trialtech is balls. its a koxx rim blatently. made of cheesey.

you told me to get a hole last week... lol

lol i no haha trial tech is the same as a older echo wich wayne has lol. its all balls you basher.

trialtech are tryall rims, made out of the echo 07 rim material...resulting in a light rim, that holds grinds better than a try-all

trialtech are tryall rims, made out of the echo 07 rim material...resulting in a light rim, that holds grinds better than a try-all

but still weak and flexes whenyou pedal too hard. trial tech is a no no...

thats the only one i know for sure im not getting!

lol i no haha trial tech is the same as a older echo wich wayne has lol. its all balls you basher.

ill give u BASHER

dx32s are very light :S

get an echo 07 / urban then if youre destroying trialtech rims

so they are. i thought they were alot heavier than that. i havent destroyed a trial tech rim, i just havent been impressed with the ones ive seen.

Ronnie is basically the perfect rim but the side walls dent far too easily. i want something like it but with smaller sidewalls and a tad wider....

so they are. i thought they were alot heavier than that. i havent destroyed a trial tech rim, i just havent been impressed with the ones ive seen.

Ronnie is basically the perfect rim but the side walls dent far too easily. i want something like it but with smaller sidewalls and a tad wider....

dx32 then... tis wider, strong, and smaller sidewalls (Y)

According to my research, DX32s are discontinued. You can still order from Alex rims Europe, if you make an order for 30 or more of the exact same rim (the factory will then run a batch).

If you need 36 hole, try emailing 24seven bikes to see if they have any. I only asked them about 32 hole, which they didn't have.

Edited by scary_jeff

According to my research, DX32s are discontinued. You can still order from Alex rims Europe, if you make an order for 30 or more of the exact same rim (the factory will then run a batch).

If you need 36 hole, try emailing 24seven bikes to see if they have any. I only asked them about 32 hole, which they didn't have.

36h are avaliable at tartybikes, i need 32h so thats that out the window. more ideas?

36h are avaliable at tartybikes, i need 32h so thats that out the window. more ideas?

They are available, but that's probably just stock left over from their last order. Every place I contacted who had or had had some Alex rims in stock told me they wouldn't be getting any more, and/or that they were discontinued :(

I just ordered a Fire Eye rim from CRC, it's pretty wide, but it's not really a trials rim, and apparently it's heavy (I couldn't find the weight listed anywhere but will weigh mine when it arrives). CRC also have a 'Spank Stiffy', which is wide, but expensive and again, not designed for trials. Onza have replacement Ronnies if you don't mind sticking with those, they only had 36 hole for 24" but they might have 32 hole for 26".

The problem with asking a question like this is that everyone just says get the rim they have and dont actually listen to what i said.

Might just ring tarty and ask their advice. I do like the look of echo sl... but are they strong? i was told they dont hold a grind particualrly well.